Share your wipeout stories!

jusbob

The clue is in the title! Want to read your wipeout stories, we all have them!

Edited by jusbob

Worst wipeout I had was at Suikerbosrand race this year nogal. Went round a corner way to flipping fast, front wheel lost traction, and down I went. Took Jules with me!

Broken KCNC bar end. Torn grip - it was 1 day old. Bashed RD cable - was stuck in one gear. Arrived at the start all bleading and bruised, just in time to say good luck to my wife as she was about to start the 35km race...And to add insult to injury, she won the 35km...

I still have some nice scars from the crash...

Worst one - cycling back from the cafe across the road from Midmar dam, and me and a mate were about halfway through the dam. Just past the "Eikendal" area. Was cycling with no hands on the bars, having a coke buddy bottle in one hand and a paper bag of biltong in the other. Leaned over with my right hand to change FD position (yes, I realise I was crossing the arms...) and the bars wobbled. Controlled the wobble, and by this time I had dropped the goodies.

I looked up, only to see that I was headed straight for the edge of a 3m dropoff, where the dam now laps up to. I pulled my brakes, HARD.

O'er the bars, 3m down. Flip. Crack. ****. Hit the ground 50cm away from a large treestump. Thank goodness.

Dragged my bike back up to the road, whilst my mate raced back to the campsite to call the ballies. Went straight to the PMB hospital, and spent the rest of the holiday in a sling, with a broken collarbone and a bit of a knock to the ego. Until I got back to school...

i broke my ribs and sternum falling on this after a rather fancy, but unintentional nose wheely at tokai.. how i missed that jutting spike on the left is beyond me. literally thank heavens i wasnt impaled.

post-6789-0-14738400-1314562049.jpg

Edited by Capricorn

Dude. That could have been nasty. Really would have made the top possie in MBUK's page of shame.

you can try and qualify for that top possie yourself. It's to found at My Roots. Ill point it out next time we out there :)

I'm sure I know it... Just next to that little jump before the gap jump?

nope further down. there used to be this double step down in a corner back then. they've smoothed out those stepdowns. but that stump remains, just off track.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't come pipe in a while, and that sucks! Haha, coz when its been a while that you have wiped, you just KNOW, soon, that you are going to eat sh*t!