Eina!

andydude

I believe I can fly... or not! Our team went for a good training ride Saturday morning which included Franschoek pass and then going down the other side and at the first sharp hairpin about 2kms down I misjudged my speed and the angle of the corner and as I was leaning into the corner I went too far and fell over skidding along the road. First eina! Fortunately only damaged softer skin and the shifters took the most damage, but still working fine. Shower at home brought the second eina! And then cleaning the wound with salt water = third eina!

Elke sport het sy beserings :blush:

post-12446-0-41165800-1313997332.jpg

post-12446-0-01618600-1313997341.jpg

post-12446-0-70687900-1313997360.jpg

post-12446-0-99769100-1313997370.jpg

post-12446-0-21658600-1313997392.jpg

post-12446-0-90384500-1313997400.jpg

Ouch! Impressive though, and bound to get lots of sympathy from womenfolk. Advantageous. How fast were you going? (Actually, I'm always amazed at how little one gets injured on a bike. Same situation might have been entirely different in a car - roll perhaps?)

Say thank you to the arm/leg warmers. Without it, the damage would have been a lot worse.

Glad you are OK, though. (sure the ego got hurt more :D )

Don't know my speed, but it must've been between 30 - 40km/h. That is a really sharp corner. A lot of things could've made this worse e.g. car from in front, because I slided into the oncoming lane.

I get cold quickly so luckily I had the warmers on, also 4 layers on upper body (including cycling shirt) and also a scarf which seemed to have protected my collar-bone because my shirt was damaged there but not sure how.

Ego ok. Learned my lesson :thumbup:

I would say 'that serves you right for ditching me two weekends (I think) ago', but man oh man, I would not wish a fall on my enemies (unless it's a soft landing and all that is lost is time in a race).

Heal well A. Not lekker! :thumbdown: Were you guys doing the 4 passes? Coming down into Franschoek there are two hectic bends - #1 - the sharp left just over the top past the spring (which is where I rekon you fell), and #2, about 2/3 way down with the sharp right.

Or you guys went up from Franschoek side, and there are a few hairy corners... but I haven't gone down the pass towards Theewaterskloof Dam. One day.

anyway, heal well man :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K

Chubba just tuned me that except for the scars, you got nice calves.

Ja, i told him thats a bit gay.

hey, I feel for you on that knee injury, got a eina about 3 weeks ago in a similar incident.

What I got was this transparent plaster which looks like a sticker and pasted it over the wound. You can leave it on for a week and its waterproof so its safe for a shower and it comes in different sizes. you should find it at you local chemist :thumbup: