[Event] Kamberg Karma

Glengarry

Event Name: Kamberg Karma
When: 26 August 2011 - 28 August 2011
Where: Glengarry - Kamberg, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

THE KAMBERG KARMA 26 – 28 August 2011

The Kamberg Karma is an opportunity to break away from the competitive side of mountain biking. Ride for the Scenery, not the clock! The daily rides are set up as for a race but there is neither timing nor finishing results. There is no cut off time on the ride, so you can stop as much as you like.

It is an ideal opportunity for a family week-end, a club get together or a company team building exercise.

Previous Kamberg Karma events were highly rated by all who took part. Comments included "my best ride ever", "very enjoyable", "great scenery", "a wonderful week-end", "fantastic venue and catering" and of course "we will be back next year".

This Kamberg Karma will be held on the 27th & 28th August 2011, registration and dinner on 26th August. The race will be based at Glengarry Park in the Kamberg Valley. Both days will start and finish at this venue.

There will be a choice of at least 2 distances each day. All routes will be marked and colour coded.

Riding options will be in the 20-70kms region over a variety of terrain, mostly over private farmland.

There will be a water point each day.

We will also have a fun social ride for moms and kids each day. They can also, of course, amuse themselves on the Midlands Meander route (and give your credit card a hiding!).

This is an ideal event to get some fitness in the body if you have been a bit slack during the winter months. We will try to avoid any extreme technical sections, so it will be manageable for the not-so-experienced and for the roadies as well.

Our intention is to make this an affordable family week-end. (See costs pasted below)

The Kamberg Karma is a unique entry in the current crop of mountain bike events, as it is the only one to cater for the whole family. There is an option on the entry form for the wife and kids/girlfriend/boyfriend/supporter.

Wives generally hate camping, as while the men are out having fun, they have to clean up and wash up. Not on this event! Simply stroll over to the catering hall for your meals! They are included in the entrance fee. Self-service hot drinks will be available all the time.

Go to Event Page