Broken spokes

Hector

I have broken 2 spokes on my Specialized Stumpjumper, 1 front and 1 back spoke. In both cases the nipple head has broken off. I have managed to replace both nipples. I weight 82kg and in both cases I heard the spokes break while riding on gravel roads, no jumping or anything else that could have caused the spoke to break. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just poor quality spokes and should I rather have the wheels respoked. The bike is 6 month old

Thanks

Check the tension of your spokes when you replace the broken two.

Your wheels are far to new to worry about having them respoked.

Change your topic heading to broken nipple. It is different from a broken spoke.

Aluminium nipples (I bet yours are aluminium) are crap. Fullstop.

Get brass nipples, stop weighing stuff and start enjoying cyling without worrying about yur wheels.

Check the tension of your spokes when you replace the broken two.

Your wheels are far to new to worry about having them respoked.

Your tagline kinda explain your reckless answer to this question.

You seaid he should check the tension of his wheel's spokes. OK, so what should the tension be? How ill he know if the tension is right or wrong? How does spoke tension affect nipple life? What does spoke tension have to do with the wheel's age? What does age have to do with spoke life?