• Neither

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be impressive if you could put the same four man team in both

Even more impressive would be a solo entry in both… :unsure:

The Vlei for sure. Those trails are constantly worked on and improved, and the drive home, like you mentioned, is quick.

Van Gaalen for sure. There is more land to work with, all safe, no mud and flooding issues in the event of massive rain. The courses are as well maintained as the Vlei if not more so. More camping space, better facilities Don't forget, nobody in SA has as much experience at running 24 hour events than Omni-Motion and the date has ALWAYS been in the first weekend of December. This is the 12th year.

Rietvlei, closer to home,, bottle store and shops close by and plenty for non cyclists to do :D But agree running them both the same weekend will impact on numbers.

Van Gaalen for sure. There is more land to work with, all safe, no mud and flooding issues in the event of massive rain. The courses are as well maintained as the Vlei if not more so. More camping space, better facilities Don't forget, nobody in SA has as much experience at running 24 hour events than Omni-Motion and the date has ALWAYS been in the first weekend of December. This is the 12th year.

I love Van Gaalen, but there may be issues with the singletrack along the river should there be heavy rains.

I love Van Gaalen, but there may be issues with the singletrack along the river should there be heavy rains.

Apparently that's all been taken into account

Van Gaalens for sure! Rietvlei is quite limited as a venue and the route will be very interesting at Van Gaalens.

Rietvlei , much better if you want spectators to pop out its not miles away and the course is so well suited to a 24 hour.

Van Gaalens for sure! Rietvlei is quite limited as a venue and the route will be very interesting at Van Gaalens.

Rietvlei limited??..........oh......in what way?.....please do explain.

No use making blanket statements and generalisations....state the facts and then people can decide for themselves.

I have ridden at VG's on a number of occasions, as well as at Rietvlei......each have their own positive and negative points. To say Rietvlei is limited is quite a statement without providing facts.