Karoo to Coast detailed profile

A&A

This is a goodie! Thanks A&A! Gives more detail on exactly where I will suffer most!!

For 50kms up?

More or less! How's that cold Chubba?

Riding through it. Did an hour spinning last night and some road this morning. Feel OK. How you doing?

Dont let the amount of downhill fool us on this one! I think its going to be tuff.

Never done it before so this year is my first, looking forward to it!

look at the first hill - now remember, it WILL be congested, it will be nasty !! take it easy, REALLY easy .... (cant stress this enough) dont get caught in the emotion.

Then look at that last hill, yes the last one. SAve yourself for that. Everything you kept in the tank going up the first hill, will be used on that last hill. And as someone said on the other thread, you will make up like 200 places.

Just enjoy the ride !

Riding through it. Did an hour spinning last night and some road this morning. Feel OK. How you doing?

Doing quite allright thanks! No training since Sunday. Will do some tomorrow. Think I should try and ride through whatever bug it is I currently have (thanks to my 2.5 year old son!)

Back to topic, yeah that last hill looks like a bugger, but should be ok. I won't be doing anything new/funny/stupid on the day. Just get on the bike and ride, hydrate,suffer, sweat, rinse, repeat!!

I think it has mostly been said, but let me summarize from I have found;

1. Heat can be a problem, use lots of sunblock.

2. Drink more water than normal.

3. Expect congestion on the first climb, be prepared to walk. (they have added a new loop before the first climb)

4. Second and biggest decent is dangerous, somebody broke their neck there last year.

5. Section thru forest is amazing

6. Nicest waterpoint is at 70 Kilos' do stop as you will need the energy for the last climb.

7. The last climb is a dog, and many people cramp.

Enjoy