Tubeless sealant

Pusher

I have been tubeless for the last couple of months with Stans. Do you guys just top up the sealant every couple of months and if so by how much or do you take your tyres off, clean up inside and refill with a cup or two?

I top up every so often when I think about it. Some of my bikes have removable cores so I just fill up through the valve, the others I just break a bit of the bead and fill up that way.

I top up every so often when I think about it. Some of my bikes have removable cores so I just fill up through the valve, the others I just break a bit of the bead and fill up that way.

What sealant are you using Ben?

What sealant are you using Ben?

Joe's only because it costs a bit less than Stan's (works just as well!) - have tried all the other new fangled stuff but always go back to Joe's ......

Joe's only because it costs a bit less than Stan's (works just as well!) - have tried all the other new fangled stuff but always go back to Joe's ......

Ja, I had aliens from others. Keen to go back to the white stuff and maybe add some glitter to it.

Me too, but do bombs definitely dry Joe's up?

Hi Pusher

I have tried a few of the sealants on the market, and I LOVE Joe's the best.

Reasons:

1. Cafe Latex; Made like rim strips in the inside of my tyre, IE no sealant available to seal the holes...

2. Stan's; Cool product, but within 2 weeks I remove the white pulp, and had to top up sealant quantity. In my opinion that pulp lowers the sealing ability, as ALL the latex particles accumulate and then not enough to seal...

3. Joe's; I have had months of riding (in the same conditions as all the other sealants) and nor pulping or stripping issues.

Joe's is now the ONLY sealant I use.

I hope this helps

Regards

In summer time i check it every 2nd month and in winter every 3rd month. Its not really consistent. Sometimes when i open it up its completely dry or rolled up in a white ball and other times there is still allot left

PS: I always go back to stan's. Used Joe's bofore but it struggles to seal even the small thorns. Stan's not really that expensive if you buy from cwc. Even 450ml bottle lasts very long

Edited by Jaco-fiets

In summer time i check it every 2nd month and in winter every 3rd month. Its not really consistent. Sometimes when i open it up its completely dry or rolled up in a white ball and other times there is still allot left

PS: I always go back to stan's. Used Joe's bofore but it struggles to seal even the small thorns. Stan's not really that expensive if you buy from cwc. Even 450ml bottle lasts very long

What causes the sealant to roll up in white balls?