Freewheel socket needed

TYGA

Hi All,

I'm looking for a four pronged BMX freewheel socket similar to pics below in order to be able to remove a Token SS freewheel.

post-3611-0-97870200-1314179866.jpg

The diameter of the normal / standard freewheel tool for a 16 to 20 tooth freewheel is unfortunately too big.

post-3611-0-50057100-1314179996.jpg

I've googled my ass off and the www has been shining in it's complete and utter lack of information on the exact spec that I need for the "Token Singlespeed Freewheel" so I'm taking a flyer and hoping a standard spec BMX freewheel socket but for smaller (14 / 15 tooth) freewheels similar to below will be suitable.

post-3611-0-72816300-1314180114.jpg

Does anyone know where I can buy one or have one lying around that I can take off your hands? In fact though the small one is my real problem at this stage, I'm looking for both sizes so if you have either please let me know.

This is why I love the web. See what just poked it's cheeky little nose out. Way more fun than an Easter egg hunt.

post-3611-0-87638500-1314187881.jpg

I've got one. I also saw some on the weekend at City Cycles in Canal Walk. That one in the pic above wont work, i made the same mistake by buying one of those.

Looks like i don't know what i'm talking about. I have the standard BMX four pronged one that you say is too big for the token. Try City Cycles, i'm still quite attached to the ones I've got.

Edited by velo

Thank Velo will give them a bell. Will measure the Token tonight and check if the rusty one posted above will fit.

An alternative for me is to quit while I'm ahead and just build up a new wheel around a standard freewheel hub which you can easily swap the singlespeed cog around on rather than keep sukkeling with these screw on BMX type freewheels which are seemingly becoming harder to find in a decent range of sizes.

Thank Velo will give them a bell. Will measure the Token tonight and check if the rusty one posted above will fit.

An alternative for me is to quit while I'm ahead and just build up a new wheel around a standard freewheel hub which you can easily swap the singlespeed cog around on rather than keep sukkeling with these screw on BMX type freewheels which are seemingly becoming harder to find in a decent range of sizes.

No problem. I did see some Giant freewheels at City Cycles as well, but they look cheap and nasty. You can still get the Shimano DX ones from overseas though, but that means importing yourself.

Ya I've been through one or two of the cheap ones but they are simply not strong enough for riding a SS offroad, one of them actually physically broke apart on a climb.

I've bought Shimano DX from CRC and the Token came from Evans but at the rate I'm going a Hope Hub and a couple of decent SS cogs would have cost less. The 20 tooth on a 29er ss is a great ratio for where I do most of my riding but they are quite hard to get. You can get the Whyte ones as well, apparantly top quality but very expensive.