[Event] Spur Lourensford MTB Classic

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Spur Lourensford MTB Classic
When: 1 October 2011
Where: Somerset West, Western Cape
Category: MTB

MTB Classic offers route option for all ages & abilities.

The Spur Lourensford MTB Classic is the oldest funride on the Western Cape MTB calendar and still one of the favourites! The organizers from Dirtopia has again made sure the whole family can enjoy the spring day at this beautiful Estate in Somerset West on Saturday 1st of October.

This year a NEW easy 27 km route is available plus extra kiddies/toddler events of 0.5km/1.5km/3km. The event forms part of the International Mountain Bike Association’s (IMBA) ‘Take a kid mountain biking day’, to provide parents the opportunity to share an enjoyable ride with their children.

The 57km & 36km are real mountain bike challenges for intermediate to advanced riders, while the new 27km route will be perfect for beginners or the 15km for the “not so fit”.

The Lourensford Farmers’ Market will be running from 09h00 with lots of stalls with fresh produce, meals, wine tasting, kiddies rides, crafts and more. Title sponsor, Spur Steak Ranches will also have their jumping castles, entertainment and great food at the finish. Don’t miss the lucky draw after the event, as all riders will stand a chance to win great prizes, including a mountain bike.

The funride offers four MTB distances this year:

• 0.5km, 1.5km & 3km for small children (10 & under)

• 15km funride for children & novices.

• 27km funride for beginner riders

• 36km challenge for intermediate, but fit riders

• 57km challenge for advanced riders

Entries are open on www.dirtopia.co.za For more information, email theteam@dirtopia.co.za or call Dirtopia Trail Centre on 021 884 – 4752.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy selling these juicy medium rare huge fillet burgers with lettuce, tomato and peppercorns in these huge home made buns at the farmers market last year :drool: if he is there again, I might come and do the race?

(sorry Spur!)

• 4 weeks later...

You can do it Lizzy! :thumbup:

Lourensford does not have that much single track, its all short sections.

They do have some lekka climbs though ... they whole farm is surrounded by mountains!

The route profile for the 36km is pretty much ... up, up, up, level, up, up, down, finish :D

What's your total ascent on that profile Tank?

Last year's Lourensford seemed a lot less brutal than the years before so wondering if they've toned it down a bit.

What's your total ascent on that profile Tank?

Last year's Lourensford seemed a lot less brutal than the years before so wondering if they've toned it down a bit.

1352m there was some small changes in the route between the Vinge and the Classic ... but I cant remember which was which now ... talk to me about filet steak burgers... they had them at the Classic not at the Vinge!