I'm stumped

Zaskar09

Ok, so I'm using a fairly oldish/basic bicycle computer with the sensor that attaches to the front fork. What do you guys use to attach the sensor to the fork? The supplied piece of elastic (looks like an o-ring) broke about a week after first connecting the computer. Since then I've used regular elastic (like the newspaper guys use), o-rings, string, mirror tape and everything else I could think of, all to no avail. Any tips?

Zip ties, I also put an extra bit of rubber under the pick up to 'pad' at out a bit better and stop it shifting around.

Now I feel like an idiot :blush:

Thanks, will give it a go, I'm ashamed I didn't think of it. I use it to fix almost everything else :)

Isn't that the same as a zip tie? :huh:

Yeah it is... but in my defense I have had the page open for a while and didn't refresh before I posted..... some of us do have a real job where we actually work and don't spend our day on thehub :huh:

Just got back from a quick loop at Groenkloof, cable tie seems to be holding up quite well. Thanks again!

Zip ties, I also put an extra bit of rubber under the pick up to 'pad' at out a bit better and stop it shifting around.

cable tie maybe?

Isn't that the same as a zip tie? :huh:

:D Dude! Feeling silly. If you don't have a few of them in your camelback then your going to be lost next time you snap a brake clamp off, put a snag size slit in your tyre, or your leg, or anything else that can be 'zip' tied together.

And for all the confused personages above.

Zip tie = when you are SWAT, or need to fix ANYTHING.

Cable tie = if you are an electrician.

Either way, they rock.

Like this...4 years, no worries...

post-20304-0-47322000-1314198850.jpg

Edited by The Drongo