To Me - From Me - With love to Me

Ramrod

This is my new baby. Just need someone to buy my GT MTB so i can get some components on this thing.

post-26143-0-40734200-1314197244.jpg

Edited by specializedfan

very nice, when i am BIG

Thanks 1 Hill

All i can do though is look at the frame. Still need to get wheels components etc.

This is my new baby. Just need someone to buy my GT MTB so i can get some components on this thing.

You have bought yourself one helluva frame, which only deserve the best components on the market. This is my baby.

post-12004-0-29397100-1314209829.jpg

You have bought yourself one helluva frame, which only deserve the best components on the market. This is my baby.

DROOL

That is a seriously pretty bike you have there. I am thinking of going SRAM force with a nice set of 40mm carbon deep sections. Le Peleton dont have stock of Roval wheels at the moment.

BUT like my previous post. I have a damn GT hardtail that i dont seem to be able to sell because the frame size is an XL. The wife is adamant that the GT must go before i even consider building my Tarmac up.

DROOL

That is a seriously pretty bike you have there. I am thinking of going SRAM force with a nice set of 40mm carbon deep sections. Le Peleton dont have stock of Roval wheels at the moment.

BUT like my previous post. I have a damn GT hardtail that i dont seem to be able to sell because the frame size is an XL. The wife is adamant that the GT must go before i even consider building my Tarmac up.

Force is just as good as Red with a small weight penalty. I love the Roval wheels, use them for training. My race wheels are Easton, lighter, but the Roval are faster on the flats.

post-12004-0-37912300-1314210730.jpg

very very nice.

I just built myself an SL2. Found a ridiculously good deal on the frame in the UK so managed to build for an absolute steal.

SL2 Frame - 800GBP

Ultegra Groupo - 620GBP

DuraAce Wheels - 500GBP

Stem/Peddles/Handlebars etc - 500GBP

Since the photo was taken I've added some zipp carbon cages. Also the stem needs changing. Spoiling the look of the bike at such an angle.

post-23727-0-54255800-1314212198.jpg

The ride is absolutely incredible. You are going to love yours once it's finished. The Ultegra grouppo seems great as well. I'd recommend it. Only 300g heavier than DuraAce and less than half the price. Some advice is to get the bike built by an authorized specialized dealer otherwise the warranty is void.

Some advice is to get the bike built by an authorized specialized dealer otherwise the warranty is void.

That is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a while

Is this actually true, or did the shop just try and make some extra money out of you? So if you change your RD or FD or cassette or chain a couple of months after the setup yourself, the warranty is void? How are they going to know? And how does this affect the frame? Sounds like BS to me!

Nice frame by the way!

That is the biggest load of crap I have heard in a while

Is this actually true, or did the shop just try and make some extra money out of you? So if you change your RD or FD or cassette or chain a couple of months after the setup yourself, the warranty is void? How are they going to know? And how does this affect the frame? Sounds like BS to me!

Nice frame by the way!

It does seem crazy but read the last sentence of the first paragraph at this link

http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/General%20Warranty.pdf

It was also written with the documentation that came with my frame and confirmed by the Specialized Concept Store in Hillcrest, KZN, where I had mine built.

Who know's how it is policed though.

p.s. perhaps an unnecessarily aggressive response don't you think? Although that seems fairly common place on this site so I won't let it bother me.

Edited by camerons

But of course they will tell you that, you were standing in their store and didn't want to let you go without spending some more cash right there!

It reads "This warranty is void if the bicycle or framset was not purchased new or not properly assembled by an authoriszed Specialized dealer"

Your frameset was properly assembled by authorized Specialized in the factory, was it not?

But of course they will tell you that, you were standing in their store and didn't want to let you go without spending some more cash right there!

It reads "This warranty is void if the bicycle or framset was not purchased new or not properly assembled by an authoriszed Specialized dealer"

Your frameset was properly assembled by authorized Specialized in the factory, was it not?

Yeah, I gotta say - I think you tanked that one man! :P

p.s. perhaps an unnecessarily aggressive response don't you think? Although that seems fairly common place on this site so I won't let it bother me.

So sorry if I hurt you feelings there buddy but don't take things so personal on this here interweb! If you felt my comments were aggressive towards you, you are definitely mistaken!

I am mere trying to express my disbelieve towards crap that you were fed!

I guess what you're saying makes sense because people buy and build there own bicycles all the time... From my point for view I don't know how to build a bike anyway so I had to get it done by a bike shop. They charged R450 which I thought was pretty reasonable and now I have full recourse should anything go wrong as the bike shop is an authorized dealer being a concept store and all.

When I collected the bike the guy at the shop actually told me that all work, servicing etc. needed to be done by an authorized dealer to retain the warranty. Maybe I am just a sucker :> or maybe Specialized have got strict with there warrantys.