Online Advertising - Banner Ads

Bianchisti

I see alsorts of banner ads popping up when visiting the hub. Anything from the usual the bikeshop ads to others non-related. How does these ads work cause I'm sure these advertisers dont pay the owners of the hub directly for advertising on here.

I think I read somewhere that when you log onto certain websites or use Google; something somewhere automatically builds up a profile based on your search criteria and related banner ads will automatically come up based on your profile. For example if you once searched for holidays in India, you may see quite a few related banner ads coming up as a result.

Anyone know exactly how this works? I dont think The Hub gets paid directly by the local Universities in my town do they?

Edited by TMobile

Done with Google Ads, not sure of the mechanics. On that note the add for CWC online - if I had 2 hotties in bed with me i certainly wouldn't be buying bike stuff ;) I'll do that after bwahaha

. On that note the add for CWC online - if I had 2 hotties in bed with me i certainly wouldn't be buying bike stuff ;) I'll do that after bwahaha

+1 :clap:

I use adblock and no script. I see no crap.

Appart from your own thread, how many other threads do you see on your hub then?

I also need something that can block out all the crap

Appart from your own thread, how many other threads do you see on your hub then?

I also need something that can block out all the crap

My hub looks like this:

post-394-0-49334300-1314425667.png