Beriglobin / Human immune globulin

PYGA1

Hi All,

Has anyone used Beriglobin or Human Immune Globulin (HIG) I used it a few weeks before Joberg2C to give my immune system a boost, I'm thinking of using it again before 3 Towers.

Has anyone else used it or does anyone have any opinion on whether it is affective or not ?

No needles policy?

he's a fun rider. who gives a rat's arse. It works. let him use it.

Just to be clear its not a stimulant of any nature, it's a human blood product commonly used by comrades marathon runners to boost your immune system before a big event i.e. you don't want to put 6 months of training into an event only to get sick the week before causing you to pull out.

TNT1 IS 100% correct I am a fun rider, I finished just in the top 100 in Joberg2C so definitely not used for performance enhancement.

Guest agteros

Doubt the hub will answer you, maybe read this (basically the pamphlet that comes with it, but as I doubt you'll be injecting yourself, I also doubt it that you've actually received / read the pamphlet)

But still... no needles...

Very interesting, you're quite right, my GP gave me the injection so I would never see the leaflet.

Surely a product like this would not be a problem for a professional cyclist ? or is it on the banned list ? As I've said it's a commonly used product by Comrades runners.

I wouldn't worry about the beriglobin, I've taken it for the past two years before going over to world rowing junior champs and it hasn't been an issue. The no needles policy is more for self- injecting or unneeded injections by team doctors.

I really think it helps! I never got sick through training nor at the event. It only lasts for 7 weeks though, so just keep that in mind.

I had one on Friday after exhausting all other immune boosing posibilities. Must say I feel no different but if it helps at all I'm happy.

"no needle" policy? Puleeeeez - that only applies during the TdF. If its legal and will help inject,inject,inject.

How does this beroglobin compare to entegram? Are they basically the same?

How much does beroglobin cost as my medical aid wont cover it

Beriglobin cost about 550 for 5cc while integram costs 250 for the same dose.

intragram is the local brand while beriglobin is imported

i get a beriglobin shot once a month to keep the immune system strong :-)

Beriglobin cost about 550 for 5cc while integram costs 250 for the same dose.

intragram is the local brand while beriglobin is imported

i get a beriglobin shot once a month to keep the immune system strong :-)

Whoa! I paid R274 for the 5cc Beriglobin and Discovery paid R244 of it.

Want the details for my pharmacy??

Whoa! I paid R274 for the 5cc Beriglobin and Discovery paid R244 of it.

Want the details for my pharmacy??

Details please Eldron, that is cheap.

My GP said something interesting though, apparently the locally made generic is better as it combats the SA "bugs" better than the Beriglobin, any thoughts ?

My GP said something interesting though, apparently the locally made generic is better as it combats the SA "bugs" better than the Beriglobin, any thoughts ?

I got mine from the in house pharmacy at my doctor: 011 849 6511 in Benoni. Took it staight to the nurse and got in "inserted".

Never heard of the local generic - I've only ever had one and it was the Beriglobin variety. I'm an engineer not a doc so couldn't comment at all on the efficacy of local generics :lol:

Hey GT1

I guess it differs between individuals, but for me: I've had two Entegram shots this year, and regardless of taking them I got sick a few days after taking the shot. My son is in daycare and there are "bugs" that can be quite hectic (according to my dr)

in a catch 22 because it's 4 and half weeks to Karoo to Coast and yet again a bug got hold of me. This isnt funny at all and stuffs me around big time.

That is why I was considering takeing the Beriglobin. If I take the entry fees, travelling cost down to the race, training supplements, as well as my time spent training, R275-00 or anything that will prevent me from getting sick is nothing compared to the "investment" I already made