Who commutes from Table View to town?

Woofie

Friend of mine is keen to start commuting to town, so I was thinking that it would be nice for him to hook up with some guys. Always nicer in a group and you guys can show him the ropes :)

I know that Hairy used to go in, maybe still does?

What time do you guys leave and where do you meet?

Hairy still commutes everyday on his blue shova.

Hooted at him when leaving town this evening.

I got asked this morning for a permit at the harbour? Never had problems before - they let me through after some bit**ing on my part.

Started to commute again - Milnerton Ridge to Sea Point. And yeah I normally go through the harbour... after the incident today not so sure :thumbdown:

Edited by MockTurtle

Friend of mine is keen to start commuting to town, so I was thinking that it would be nice for him to hook up with some guys. Always nicer in a group and you guys can show him the ropes :)

I know that Hairy used to go in, maybe still does?

What time do you guys leave and where do you meet?

I will be back on the bike in a week once this flipping cold / flu thingy goes away.

Leaving late the last couple of months ... roughly 7:30am from Sunningdale

I got asked this morning for a permit at the harbour? Never had problems before - they let me through after some bit**ing on my part.

Started to commute again - Milnerton Ridge to Sea Point. And yeah I normally go through the harbour... after the incident today not so sure :thumbdown:

They will let you through sometimes but its now a private road and once complete with their changes there will be no through fare allowed.

I avoid it all together as they can also stop you and go through your bags etc. Rather use the BRT

They will let you through sometimes but its now a private road and once complete with their changes there will be no through fare allowed.

I avoid it all together as they can also stop you and go through your bags etc. Rather use the BRT

i was afraid of this. its actually a safer route for me as i don't have to go through town/brooklyn, and working at the waterfront/sea point it makes much more sense. haven't actually done the BRT route from the flea market area. gonna have to work out a route... :angry:

i was afraid of this. its actually a safer route for me as i don't have to go through town/brooklyn, and working at the waterfront/sea point it makes much more sense. haven't actually done the BRT route from the flea market area. gonna have to work out a route... :angry:

Are you on a MTB or roadie bike?

I also commute from Blouberg to town via the BRT. I leave just after 6am and leave work again just after 4pm. Your friend is welcome to contact me so we can commute together.

Are you on a MTB or roadie bike?

Hi Hairy. I'm on a MTB. Was thinking I can go under the bridge outside the harbour. But I reckon its not really safe. There be zombies in that area :blink:

Little question: about how long does it take? I have to drop my car off at the mechanic in Killarney Gardens should I take pepper spray?)on Friday, then ride through to Obs.

Hi Hairy. I'm on a MTB. Was thinking I can go under the bridge outside the harbour. But I reckon its not really safe. There be zombies in that area :blink:

Here is your route (All on the grassed verge).

• Keep on the grass verge where Jurie Swart Motors used to be (right hand side of road when heading into town)
  • Ride to apex of bridge and then drop off to the right
  • Go behind / between Church Str bridge and fence to harbour
  • follow trail all the way into town
  • repeat on your way home

Here is your route (All on the grassed verge).

• Keep on the grass verge where Jurie Swart Motors used to be (right hand side of road when heading into town)
  • Ride to apex of bridge and then drop off to the right
  • Go behind / between Church Str bridge and fence to harbour
  • follow trail all the way into town
  • repeat on your way home

Muchos gracias Hairy! :thumbup: ...I'm doing some recon on google maps right now.

Once i get the Reign up and running agin I will start commuting from Royal aascot at about 5:20 into the cbd.

Once i get the Reign up and running agin I will start commuting from Royal aascot at about 5:20 into the cbd.

Wow that early?! I'm putting together/repairing my old hardtail for use as a commuter. Right now am using the Trance. I only leave about 7 though.