Annual forum awards?

Skidmark

29 members have voted

1. 1. Good or bad idea?

• Yes, lets have an annual awards
    • Nah, couldn't be bothered

I've seen it around on other forums and I reckon it's actually a fun idea.

Basically forum members come up with some suggestions for 'categories' of prizes: Biggest Troll, Best gag on a noob (nail polished chains, for eg :P ), most shameless self promotion, most active user - whatever really...

During the year, moderators/members can submit their entries to these categories and and the end of the year, by means of a thread with a poll, winners can be chosen/submitted.

It can be done for a laugh, but what would be awesome, is if some of the shops who often post items for sale - CWC, ASG etc - would get on board and supply prizes for the winners of each category. Doesn't have to be anything massive, but something small, just for the heck of it.

Thoughts?

We used to have them. We tired again about a year ago, but it kinda got lost.

If you got tired, did you try sleeping on it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

post-1620-0-64143900-1314260293.jpg

Coolbeans :)

I'm happy to help with some forms (can use Google forms) to capture submissions for category ideas (can set a date limit for submission of category ideas) and then actual submissions to those categories during the year...

Mod's, let me know if I must do this?

That pussy looks dead tired!

Cool, idea BTW.

Edited by Chubba

Coolbeans :)

I'm happy to help with some forms (can use Google forms) to capture submissions for category ideas (can set a date limit for submission of category ideas) and then actual submissions to those categories during the year...

Mod's, let me know if I must do this?

Sounds good. This thread been recorded in the mod's Report Centre. Let admin give it a wee bit of thought. ;)

this could get messy...

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cat-fight.jpg

Ag it's really just a matter of having a bit of fun... Another reason why the prizes must be fun and not worth causing a fight/fuss over... Perhaps a price limit of a couple hundred bucks on each prize.

As the year goes if a particular thread fits one of the cats, submit it and forget about it.. by the end of the year, there'll be a collection of submissions which can be sorted by mods/admins...

No reason for it to get messy. We're all grown ups here, mostly. :P

Ag it's really just a matter of having a bit of fun... Another reason why the prizes must be fun and not worth causing a fight/fuss over... Perhaps a price limit of a couple hundred bucks on each prize.

As the year goes if a particular thread fits one of the cats, submit it and forget about it.. by the end of the year, there'll be a collection of submissions which can be sorted by mods/admins...

No reason for it to get messy. We're all grown ups here, mostly. :P

this is The Hub... we only know messy!! :nuke:

I've some ideas for categories ...

- Member who has yet to say a good thing about anyone

- Most unanticipated comeback of the year

- Tall the talk but not walk the walk: based on ratio of posts vs amount of cycling done

- Hubbers self-build of the year (bonus points for building your own wheels)

- Best Video link posted

- Closest Death Call for Commuters - Posted story

Not your pussy Samma? Look at the screen it looks like Chinese pusst