Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner what are the best meals

Nalyd18

We all know pasta for carbs and eggs for protein, but what else is there. And what would be the best for a five day training week? That is relatively inexpensive

Lunch is always an issue, its difficult to find something that is quick and easy to make but gives you what you need

Lunch is always an issue, its difficult to find something that is quick and easy to make but gives you what you need

For what it's worth. I'm gonna start eating fruits and try a meal replacement shake.

Chicken for lunch ~ hot if you have time to warm it, but cold tastes just as good. Or, if you are brave and aren't planning to visit any clients in the afternoon, sardines in olive oil. Both will give you all the nutrition you need. The smelly sardines may lose you a few friends though.

Good weight loss eating plan (works for heavy training too - just eat more :P)

Breakfast:Future LIfe - 20 bucks a box at Checkers, no need to add milk, just water, everything you need is in there, Low GI so keeps you full 'til lunchtime.

Whole Rolled Oats - you can buy 5kg bag at Dischem. Lots of protein and slow release carbs.

Lunch:

Low GI bread - seedloaf is good, or wholegrain Rye

Good lean foods to put on top:

Tuna

Hummus

General salad stuff, cucumber, rocket lettuce etc

Snacks:

I find carrots are good, cheap too. Fill you up without stacking the poundage on. Combine with hummus if you get sick of them

Dinner:

Don't be tempted to eat too much here, particularly stuff like pasta, rice and other carb rich foods - save carbs for the morning - see breakfast

Lean protein is good - chicken obviously, fish, stir fries (use olive oil), heavy on the veg.. basically anything without too much carbs or saturated fat, but you do want something healthy that will fill you up and aid in the overnight muscle repair process.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I also eat FutureLife for breakfast. Depending on your training plan, you may want to try something like pasta for lunch. I do most of my training in the afternoon, and occassionally in the morning, so I always have pasta or some other carb-rich food an hour or two before. Vegetables are your friend when it comes to supper. Pair them up with a small portion of carbs (rice, pasta, mashed potato, quinoa, couscous, baked potato, polenta, etc) and some protein (chicken, fish, soya, etc) and you're good to go. Whatever you decide to eat, keep it simple and healthy. Steer away from fried foods and rather opt for grilled, roasted or steamed foods.

If you decide to eat energy bars or supplement bars, keep an eye on the nutritional information. Those bars are known for packing in the calories and fat, yet appear to be healthy.

If you're making any drastic changes to your diet, make them gradually. Don't overhaul your diet today and wonder why you're back to your old habits next week. Choose one meal and change it gradually over the course of a week, or longer. Once you feel that you've gotten over that, move onto the next meal.

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

Adelle Davis

(1904 - 1974)