Fixie Revolution :)

The OriginalSpartacus

Found this mint italian track frame last night! salvaged it out of a mates dad's garage. so amped :) going to build it up as a Messenger type Fixie vibe.

I will post pics on this thread as I get parts and things go along. if anyone knows what brand it could be that would be great :) I think I might pretend it is a Colnago and brand it that way ;)

Fly Wheel in Cape Town is going to restore the frame for me. The owner, Zahier is a flippen genius. Thinking of a pitch black in matt finish with very subtle UCI World Champs pinstriping on seat tude with Oragne Colnago logo on the Down Tube. I have a BB and Headset for her so long, let the parts hunt begin!

Feel free to post in any creative ideas :) I am 26 years old so my knowledge of 'old skool' bikes is very limited.

post-26246-0-14573400-1314443979.jpg

Edited by The OriginalSpartacus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, I am looking for someone to help me build up a fixie. Are you sure you have the right bunch of guys there though - this from the home page:

Flywheel is a privately held company founded by a group of dynamic professionals, with over 50 years of experience in designing, deploying and managing cost effective state-of-the-art Information Technology.

My IT setup is 100% - it's my singlespeed I need assistance with

Your other best bets are Nils Hansen at Woodstock Cycleworks who deals almost exclusively in old steel frames, or Olaf at Crosstown Cycles in Kenilworth who is a genius wheelwrench. Have a look at the FGCT (fixedgearcapetown) site too for creative inspiration. Heartcoppi is the man who can identify frames better than anyone I know, but he'll need better pictures of the lugs, etc.

Thanks for the link, I am looking for someone to help me build up a fixie. Are you sure you have the right bunch of guys there though - this from the home page:

My IT setup is 100% - it's my singlespeed I need assistance with

aah my bad it should be www.flywheel.co.za not .com :blush:

Your other best bets are Nils Hansen at Woodstock Cycleworks who deals almost exclusively in old steel frames, or Olaf at Crosstown Cycles in Kenilworth who is a genius wheelwrench. Have a look at the FGCT (fixedgearcapetown) site too for creative inspiration. Heartcoppi is the man who can identify frames better than anyone I know, but he'll need better pictures of the lugs, etc.

awesome! thanks LeTurbo :)

For cranksets, try Dave Wiseman in Dbn.

165mm Pista craks for something like R250

Don't think you'll beat that pricing

Don't fit 170+mm cranks, you'll end up on the deck

aah my bad it should be www.flywheel.co.za not .com :blush:

Ok.. those guys are used car salesmen?

We offer all the current models in the Ford and Mazda ranges as well as high quality pre-owned vehicles. Our service is quick, efficient and top notch!

Thanks Turbo, I might ask Olaf to help. I have almost all the bits, just need to get my bars chopped and put it all together. I am a clutz in the garage.

Awesome! thanks slowtwitch, will give him a call today!

cool many happy experiences.

i have just built up my dads. fixie.

did my first ride today..

was awesome.. just need to relearn how to ride a bike lol

snip snip snip....

:( :( - Good tip! One thing I need to change on my fixie, had one or 2 seriously scary moments with it :angry:

Whyfor?