Three MTB Events on Same Weekend

flymango

Sat 3 September 2011 sees THREE FIVE different MTB events in and around Cape Town.

1. Citrusdal

2. Stanford

3. Franschhoek

4. Riebeek Kasteel

5. Barrydale

So which one to choose and why?

And why so many on the same day? Should we be glad for choice or moan about lack of co-ordination (subsequent weekends are bare)?

UPDATED Monday 29th.

Edited by flymango

Spoilt for choices u lucky bliksems! And great time of the year, love that spring freshness down there. Whilst all we have here is scorched earth and the only water is the over-flowing sewers. And lets not forget the ordeals on the road going back & forth.

Think I am going to get one of those weekend specials.

Sat 3 September 2011 sees THREE different MTB events in and around Cape Town.

1. Citrusdal

2. Stanford (incl. night ride on Fri)

3. Franschhoek

So which one to choose and why?

And why so many on the same day? Should we be glad for choice or moan about lack of co-ordination (subsequent weekends are bare)?

There is also the Renosterbos in Barrydale on the 3rd September, so that makes 4 options !

Cape town can probably quite easilly accommadate 3 events at once. On the other hand our Akedis was cancelled becuase CSA sanctioned another race on the same day in Tzaneen. The Far north cannot stage two events on the same day.

Well only 1 of those is a PPA race. To be fair i reckon its stupid to put a "private" organised race on the same day as a sanctioned PPA race. Its obvious that the PPA race will draw the crowds (irrelavent of your opinion about PPA).

Updated.

So which one are you doing, and why?

Does it make sense (cents) to have soo many on the same weekend within a 250 km radius?

And then there is Staalwater on the 10th and after that basically nothing close to Cpt for the rest of September, doesn't make sense to me! :thumbdown: