Ocean Basket Afriman Duathlon

Gunston

Does anybody know what the date for this event will be? On the Cycle Lab website they have it as Sunday 23 October but on the Franco Sport website and a flyer I got in a magazine recently, its advertised as Sunday 2 October

Although several websites still give different dates - I managed to confirm from the event organisers that it would be on the 23 October. It was apparently moved out due to a clash with an Energade triathlon

Although several websites still give different dates - I managed to confirm from the event organisers that it would be on the 23 October. It was apparently moved out due to a clash with an Energade triathlon

Thanks for the update Gunston - see you there!

i will be there aswell.

advice to rolling Thunder.

1 - It's a gravel road run

2 - It gonne be hot

3 - Have punsher repair kit. 200m cycle on dirt road

4 - Its gonne be hot

Guest agteros

I have also entered the full event.

Who has done this race and what advice do you have?

Did it last year. Sweltering heat out on the last lap on the bike (and the last 5km run)

I've never been THAT glad for ice water at the finish. Needed a second cup of ice water over my head to trigger goose bumps!

I have also entered the full event.

Who has done this race and what advice do you have?

Last year is was HOT - stay well hydrated and make sure have enough to drink on the bike.

The run is offroad but not too technical - not quite "trail run" stuff. Mostly dirt roads and smoothish paths.

The bike only has rolling hills - big blade stuff the whole way. There wasn't a lot of wind last year but it can be a concern.

Take is easy though - the heat and dry are a brutal combination likely to rob you of your legs on the second run...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So.....

Did anybody do the race(s) on the weekend?

Well organised race, goodie bag big enough to survive on for a week, fantastic venue, fine weather - the only thing missing was.....athletes!

20 people on Saturday for the Sprint event and 80 on Sunday.

Sure there was a triathlon at Midmar but man the numbers were low at Afriman.

It's a real pity - Andre and his team put on a fine event - I loved it.