Where can I testride a Small 29ER ???

TuinSlang

Morning Hubbers!

I am thinking of just trying out a 29er and was wondering if any of you know where I will be able to find a small to take for a testride?

It would help if it was somewhere in, or close to the Durbanville area.

Have already been to Willie E but they don't have any smalls.

Any ideas would be welcome!

Thanks!

Wow you two are fast, just finished my coffee and got back to my desk!

Thanks Iron but agree Morningside only a few 100 km's too far :D

I hope someone as kind as Thumper reads this thread from around my area!

So I've been doing a lot of reading on the 29ers and us being small how would you say that affect things Thumper?

Surely can be too bad? I can/like to climb and push bigger gears - any comments anyone?

Currently on a ST 26er...

Drop Nagala a line, he's the local Chumba agent and a realy nice bloke.

gallery_6106_837_401329.jpg

Edited by Thumper

hhmm - seems there are a few of is the same boat :)

How tall are you guys? I'm around 176cm and can generally get away with a medium 26er (around the 17/18in mark). But I've yet to find a 'medium' 29er to my liking.

The Silverback Moda was probably the one I felt most comfortable on - but now they are pretty much sold out. 2012 version should be out end of September from what I hear.

Sweet will chat to Nagala!

I like the black Chumba above :thumbup:

Dubber you still have 6cm on me, I'm 1.70 so I will have to stick to a small!

And then IF I decide to go 29er then the next Q will be ST or HT...

Gotta say I LOVE my little 16in small ST, especially when going down anything! :clap:

Morning BUMP!

Following your thread here and I thought i'd share my findings as you seem to be in a similair boat.

I've spent many hours hours researching a replacement bike and finally invested in a Yeti BigTop, size L.

I've ridden a 26" HT for the last few years and i must say that the move to 29" has been a revelation for me, a massive improvement in almost every aspect of my riding, by my personal comparative and i accept every situation is different, i'd say 90% of the "like on like" comparatives to my old 26" hard tail place the BigTop far ahead, significantly so.

I am very happy with it!!

This is a solid and sound choice if you can find your size to test ride - can't help you there unfortunately as i'm also in JHB.

Good luck in your search

post-9646-0-92460600-1314728959.jpgpost-9646-0-92460600-1314728959.jpg

Following your thread here and I thought i'd share my findings as you seem to be in a similair boat.

I've spent many hours hours researching a replacement bike and finally invested in a Yeti BigTop, size L.

I've ridden a 26" HT for the last few years and i must say that the move to 29" has been a revelation for me, a massive improvement in almost every aspect of my riding, by my personal comparative and i accept every situation is different, i'd say 90% of the "like on like" comparatives to my old 26" hard tail place the BigTop far ahead, significantly so.

I am very happy with it!!

This is a solid and sound choice if you can find your size to test ride - can't help you there unfortunately as i'm also in JHB.

Good luck in your search