Parktool TS 2.2 (truing stand)

ichnusa

I know, I know... this is not the classified section, but probably a better chance of finding someone here who has one to sell.

Please let me know

Cheers

al

post-4529-0-52790600-1314611023.jpg

Thanks

I've already built myself one, works ok. Sufficiently to frustrate myself with not quite getting it right. Now want to get the real thing...

Thanks

I've already built myself one, works ok. Sufficiently to frustrate myself with not quite getting it right. Now want to get the real thing...

Your choice. I built one as per the plans in the e-books with very basic handtools while we were in Angola. It is stable, made from woof and well designed. I have since rebuilt my Tandem wheels as a spare set on new rims and my exisiting hubs. I also maintain all my other wheels on this truing stand.

Ordr the Park Tool truing stand here

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50280

Park Tool Professional Wheel Truing Stand - TS2.2 From 2574.26 ZAR

Edited by eccentric1

Your choice. I built one as per the plans in the e-books with very basic handtools while we were in Angola. It is stable, made from woof and well designed. I have since rebuilt my Tandem wheels as a spare set on new rims and my exisiting hubs. I also maintain all my other wheels on this truing stand.

Ordr the Park Tool truing stand here

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50280

Park Tool Professional Wheel Truing Stand - TS2.2 From 2574.26 ZAR

Funny you should say that. I read somewhere the other day that most of the fur trim on children's toys and ladies handbags, which are made in China, are also made from real Woof and Miaaau. Bloody cruel bastards those Chinamen.

Funny you should say that. I read somewhere the other day that most of the fur trim on children's toys and ladies handbags, which are made in China, are also made from real Woof and Miaaau. Bloody cruel bastards those Chinamen.

Agreed, 1.3 billion of them means nothing will be spared....!

"d" and "f" to close to aech udder for sidlextix brian!

Saw the CRC price... rather support local: CWC R2700, but local supplier only getting TS2.2 in couple of weeks time.

Only problem is that it doesn't accommodate 29" wheels.

So also no 700c as well, is that correct?

I bought one of the parktool stands. Happy with it and the CWC price looks comparable to CRC. One small gripe was that mine was not factory centered and I had to find a perfectly dished wheel to set it up. Easier said than done in my yard! The Hozen thing has the advantage in that you can crush mielies with the base in between trueing wheels.

I saw your post and came across this site earlier today (thanks to the online store thread)

Cape Multi

It was a weird coincedence that I came across this and thought it was worthy of my second post :)

Only problem is that it doesn't accommodate 29" wheels.

I've used one of these before (the one that belongs to "Wheeler" who hangs around here from time to time) and it definitely will take a 29er wheel, but not with tyre. You'll have to remove the tyre to true a niner. This is a major drawback. Think tubeles, tyre snot and hassle.

Even the older Parktool stands - the 2.0, cannot take a 29er wheel with tyre. However, you do get an adapter that makes it stand a bit taller in its boots.

As for someone who mentioned the centering on the Park stand - you cannot rely on that feature at all, you still have to have a centering gauge to get it perfect. The stand's centering feature changes very quickly and if you look at the design, you'll see that it is an unreliable feature.

One day Wheeler will sell me his Hozan....one day.

I got one of these in from the UK Bike Store last year, really well made and a pleasure to use. Now on my 4th wheel build, although yet to feel happy about DT Revolutions :o

Edited by kosmonooit