Jo'burg hill categorization / avg gradient %'s

dracs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a few killers in Swaziland, he had 970m in like 15km up to Mhlambanyatsi.

Also if you live in Northcliff you learn to stitch road sections together and you can make hills worse than senior/hearn. There are steeper shorter climbs

there are a few killers in Swaziland, he had 970m in like 15km up to Mhlambanyatsi.

Also if you live in Northcliff you learn to stitch road sections together and you can make hills worse than senior/hearn. There are steeper shorter climbs

Believe me I know.............

I was at a funeral 2 weeks ago at a church right at the bottom of this camaro climb and I was thinking if I lived out that way I would attempt it often. The cruel thing is I think I saw a fixed camera on the decent.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised you know where your bike is!

ha ha ha seems i have found it again......

thats a 2011 post, blerrie hell how did you find that......

pre-garmin days for me lol, my first months of riding 

I was at a funeral 2 weeks ago at a church right at the bottom of this camaro climb and I was thinking if I lived out that way I would attempt it often. The cruel thing is I think I saw a fixed camera on the decent.

bikes dont have plates ha ha , some of the speedster clock over 100km/h with ease down there

Anyone done Doreen road going up from Hendrik Potgieter towards Ontdekkers ? That is a pretty steep kicker. Definitely granny gear material.

I used to ride it when I was a laatie, with a 39-23 being my easiest gear. That climb hurt. Cracked an Alpina cr-mo entry level frame going up there. Those days there was little traffic. Also kapped 93kph going down there.

just over a month late, but yes, the downhill going South on Comaro has a fixed camera and going North is a helluva climb. It's even better if you take a left after reaching the top to continue climbing and then some downhill, which is over fast though.

I tend to avoid going up that hill, as the 2nd robot about 50meters or less after reaching the top is a hijacking hot spot (haven't heard reports for a long while, but still dangerous with hiding space) and also there are taxi's that can barely make the hill that sometimes ride the yellow, which just adds to the risk. 

bikes dont have plates ha ha , some of the speedster clock over 100km/h with ease down there

And... cameras work off an induction loop circuit, so “steel” is required to close the circuit to trigger the camera. Not much steel in a bicycle to activate it, especially the ones made of that black plastic.

Ja the koppie kan be intense!