Custom wheelset weight

banna

Does anyone know if there's a tool somewhere that can calculate the approximate weight of a custom mtbike wheelset if you select certain components e.g. Hope hubs, ZTR flow rims, DT swiss spokes etc etc. I want to have a custom set of wheels built, but I just wanna be sure about the weight before I have it done.

I think there's a site called Wheelbuilder.com or something like that.

Cool thx. Will have a look.

If you know the dimension and weights of your hubs and rims, you can use the DW Swiss Spoke Length Calculator (see link on www.dtswiss.com) to get a good estimate of the wheel's weight.

I have seen other weight calculators, but they don't take into consideration the spoke length (which changes if its a radial, 2 cross or 3 cross build).

If you know the dimension and weights of your hubs and rims, you can use the DW Swiss Spoke Length Calculator (see link on www.dtswiss.com) to get a good estimate of the wheel's weight.

I have seen other weight calculators, but they don't take into consideration the spoke length (which changes if its a radial, 2 cross or 3 cross build).

Cool. Wanna build a new AM wheelset, but wanna try to get the weight down from the 2.1kg of my current XT AM set. I think about 1.8kg is probably a good weight for a set that could still take a serious bit of punishment.

• 3 years later...