need new bike, opinions

mada3400

my old bike(giant strata) was stolen about a month ago and i am getting bored, my budget is hopefully about 10 grand and my plan is to get a giant trance x4 new, i wants 120mm travel softail, there are lots of options new and used but i would prefer a newer frame, i can upgrade the stuff on it.

summarised:

10 grand of less

newer frame

soft tail

120mm travel front and back

good starting point to upgrade

large frame

any ideas?

If you can afford a bit more to get the Trance X3 you wont regret it! Main diff between the X3 and X4 is the suspension, rather spend the lil bit more for FOX instead of Giant Shock.

Have a look at the Merida 1-20 as well. Good spec for about 12k but you may be able to pick up a 2011 clearance for closer to 10k.

I know at olympic cycles they retail for that price, you can always do a trade in which will drop the price to around 10k. worth a try

I know at olympic cycles they retail for that price, you can always do a trade in which will drop the price to around 10k. worth a try

trade in his stolen bike :P ??

they might accept a a picture of my jacked bike, if i have one. i heard that crown has better prices anyway, but lets not start an argument about that.

with my serious face on though : l factory cycles in paarden island has good prices on giants and meridas, they apparently wave other stuff, but not on their website

i heard that crown has better prices anyway, but lets not start an argument about that.

At that price a Silverback might be good choice for a new bike, but try to get a Giant Trance2 secondhand, I actually know someone that might sell his for 10k cause he is going 29er and does more xc than trail.

danny macaskill is so annoying, i want a trance, i watch his videos, i want a trials bike... same goes for that nine knights video

Silverback also have great new bikes in their 2010 / 2011 range for awesome prices. I got a MErcury 2 for 14K which would have been 20K with a different name!