[Event] Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge

PiketbergTourism

Event Name: Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge
When: 25 September 2011
Where: Piketberg, Piket-Bo-Berg, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Mountainbike race for the tough

A mountainbike race that will test the skills and endurance of cyclists will be held in the mountains of Piketberg on 25 September 2011. Endorsed by the Pedal Power Association of SA, the Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge will be a timed race.

“This is a challenging course that will definitely test the skills and endurance of the rider. Although not technical, the riders will have to negotiate the course in certain sections.” So says Chris Nixon, former SA mountainbike champion and event organiser. Chris and his wife Gina, also champion in various disciplines, along with farmers on the Piket-Bo-Berg laid out the four routes over 59km, 37 km, 18 km and 9km. The 59 km and 37 km will be timed routes, and the shorter routes are for the weekend warrior cyclist and those who just want to enjoy the pristine area that is normally not open to the public.

The race has been organised in such a manner that people can make a weekend of it and those who are not involved in the cycling can enjoy the various events that will be held in and around the area. For more information see www.piket-bo-berg.co.za or phone 022 – 9145652.

Go to Event Page

Volgens die race tye verlede jaar moet hierdie nogal 'n riller wees. Hoeveel klim die 59km en die 37km?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Volgens die race tye verlede jaar moet hierdie nogal 'n riller wees. Hoeveel klim die 59km en die 37km?

Lyk na 687 m vir die 37km en 1411 m vir die 59 volgens hul website.