How long before Burry changes to Shimano?

pauloc

I see that Burry had ANOTHER mechanical issue at the latest XC champs. By my count that's 3 potential podiums lost this year alone due to mechanicals. He's also had bad luck with mechanicals at the Epic in the past so I wonder if in the back of his mind he's wishing for a change to Shimano :D

I see that Burry had ANOTHER mechanical issue at the latest XC champs. By my count that's 3 potential podiums lost this year alone due to mechanicals. He's also had bad luck with mechanicals at the Epic in the past so I wonder if in the back of his mind he's wishing for a change to Shimano :D

All SRAM riders wished they were on Shimano. They only support SRAM because they have invested financially and emotionally and can't deal with the public humiliation of saying they were wrong ;)

All SRAM riders wished they were on Shimano. They only support SRAM because they have invested financially and emotionally and can't deal with the public humiliation of saying they were wrong ;)

:lol:

You guys are as bad as Be Bop de Lux and his Campag thing

Sram is so superior its unreal :thumbup:

:lol:

You guys are as bad as Be Bop de Lux and his Campag thing

Pshhhhh Lance won like a million Tours on Shimano then only managed 3rd on SRAM!

Tomaaato potayto.

Perhaps those ROTOR cranks and rings make shifting more difficult, especially upfront :P

There may be some truth to that - much as rotor tell us that shifting is not affected - an elliptical ring will never change as well as a round ring.

Hmmm... I think SRAM gear shifting feels better than Shimano, but I had XX brakes on, and without a shadow, those must be the kakkest brakes by a country mile. Needless to say I now have XT brakes on, and all is well again.

Pshhhhh Lance won like a million Tours on Shimano then only managed 3rd on SRAM!

Tomaaato potayto.

Didn't Lance also say "it's not about the bike"??:unsure:

Tomaaato potayto.

haha....even Andy lost a tour due to a chain drop from his SRAM groupset...

Perhaps those ROTOR cranks and rings make shifting more difficult, especially upfront :P

In PMB he rode a 1x10, is he still doing that?

Plus on SRAM yhou have to move levers - I mean how inconvenient is that? With Shimano you just push a button and everything happens for you - even the front derailleur automatically adjusts to stop chain rub.

Sure there are no electric mtb gruppos from Shimano and you have to charge the battery and you have ugly cables all over your bike but the buttons man THE BUTTONS!

What was I saying again? Oh yes - XTR and 2012 XT brakes are awesome. Yeah thats it I think.

What exactly happened at his last world cup ride in Italy? chain break is all I heard, but him at the back of the field.

Guess these guys don't carry a (SRAM) quick link ...

Oh ja - forgot about that! Case closed :)

What exactly happened at his last world cup ride in Italy? chain break is all I heard, but him at the back of the field.

Guess these guys don't carry a (SRAM) quick link ...

Chain break caused him to be back of field. Did he not pass throught the start loop in about 121st and pulled it back to 23rd. That is rather impressive.:thumbup:

Going for the lightest setup definately comes at a major cost.