DH trails in CT

slewk

howdy

ok so got me my first DH bike

and i know of the tokai dh tracks

but anyone know of some other good spots to get the feel of riding DH in the greater cape town area

and where they are exactly?

i heard something about g spot in stellies being good

i heard something about g spot in stellies being good

You will never find it. Its a myth, a MYTH I tell you

Im also looking, all I found so far was general mountain biking trails in the Bottlery Hills. I guess there are some but guys are keeping it very secret

G-Spot is closer to a pump track / 4x / ds hybrid than anything close to DH. Yeah there are some drops and gaps and what not, but it's not DH.

I would say Paarl has some nice HC AM trails to get you going. Can build momentum there and then attempt some bigger lines. Goes from fast, flowy trail to big time DH lines / trails there.

Tokai is always a good option as it has some progressive trails from trail to AM to DH.

Eden is another option where you can go low-flying.

G-Spot is closer to a pump track / 4x / ds hybrid than anything close to DH. Yeah there are some drops and gaps and what not, but it's not DH.

I would say Paarl has some nice HC AM trails to get you going. Can build momentum there and then attempt some bigger lines. Goes from fast, flowy trail to big time DH lines / trails there.

Tokai is always a good option as it has some progressive trails from trail to AM to DH.

Yep, saw some relative DH rides down from the Paarl Monument. Rides arent that long and the climb is steep back up. But looks like great fun.

Jonkershoek is where the Africa DH champs was held not so long ago, so you can give that a go as well.

Jonkershoek is where the Africa DH champs was held not so long ago, so you can give that a go as well.

Thanks for that! That is much closer for me than Paarl.

Thanks for that! That is much closer for me than Paarl.

I think the only issue is that for the DH races at Jonkers they build wooden ramps for the road gap jumps, which get taken away after the race. But the rest of the DH sections are still there.

I think the only issue is that for the DH races at Jonkers they build wooden ramps for the road gap jumps, which get taken away after the race. But the rest of the DH sections are still there.

Yes! Not much left by now and it's do-able on a AM bike. If Jonkers is closer then Eden will be the place to go.

Yes! Not much left by now and it's do-able on a AM bike. If Jonkers is closer then Eden will be the place to go.

Damn, pity about the ramps.

Eden? Where is that?

Take R44 out of Stellenbosch towards SSW.

Before traffic light intersection with Engen on your left take Paradyskloof turn off (opposite golf course)

Drive to T-junction, turn left

Road makes 90 degree right turn, go right here

Drive housing section

As soon as last block of houses on your left clears look out for gate also on your left. Park here and make your way up ro the top. It'll help to go with someone who's been there before as it's unmarked but there are PLENTY of spots to ride.

Take R44 out of Stellenbosch towards SSW.

Before traffic light intersection with Engen on your left take Paradyskloof turn off (opposite golf course)

Drive to T-junction, turn left

Road makes 90 degree right turn, go right here

Drive housing section

As soon as last block of houses on your left clears look out for gate also on your left. Park here and make your way up ro the top. It'll help to go with someone who's been there before as it's unmarked but there are PLENTY of spots to ride.

Thanks very much! Will take a look there sometime.

If you keen for a sick long ride (gona be pushing the DH bike on some steep hills..) then start at Coetzenburg at the dam.. Go all the way up steeep evil rocky hill towards Paradyskloof area.. As soon as you reach the top, its awesomenes.. lots of options and tracks heading to G-spot and can also go on to do the Eden track. Just make sure someone can pick ya up afterwards somewhere at eden unless you have the energy of man beast!

Contermanskloof hosted the SA Champs as well, pretty fast and gnarly run. Got some big gaps too.

They also do uplift days...

As for Paarl, take some mates with and do shuttles - worth it driving up and riding down if everyone takes a turn

Coetzenburg sounds pretty rad, how exactly do u get there?

also heard there are some cool spots in sir lowrys village

Guest Omega Man

Contermanskloof hosted the SA Champs as well, pretty fast and gnarly run. Got some big gaps too.

They also do uplift days...

As for Paarl, take some mates with and do shuttles - worth it driving up and riding down if everyone takes a turn

Gonna bash out some runs at Paarl on Saturday morning. If no-one has mechanicals you can do 10-15 runs in a morning.

Edited by Omega Man