Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Ok so after years of commuting, 13 to be exact, I realized you can never be prepared, what I'm saying is pack all your #$% ready the night before, in my case preferably into your backpack!!. When I got to work now I noticed I forgot the most vital item, won't say what so it doesn't leave that image in your head for the rest of the day...oh shucks you just figured it out :rolleyes:

don't talk about it...was going to cycle, but weathter cold and windy. So take the car...get to the office, realised I forgot my access card and drawer keys at home. And , my clothes are in my drawer. aLL THE way back, Parktown to Krugersdorp,...so there is a power failure in Florida.... Left home 1rst time 05:50, got to office, 6:40, back home 7:20,, dressed, got the keys, back to the office, landed at 8:50. 3 hrs to get to work... F**^*(^*(&()*()*)_U*(^*K!!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't talk about it...was going to cycle, but weathter cold and windy. So take the car...get to the office, realised I forgot my access card and drawer keys at home. And , my clothes are in my drawer. aLL THE way back, Parktown to Krugersdorp,...so there is a power failure in Florida.... Left home 1rst time 05:50, got to office, 6:40, back home 7:20,, dressed, got the keys, back to the office, landed at 8:50. 3 hrs to get to work... F**^*(^*(&()*()*)_U*(^*K!!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
aaahh man that must be the worst possible way to start your day.

So when I got home this evening I looked for the items I forgot this morning, turns out I was in such a rush & deur mekaar this morning that I took them & tossed it into the washing basket, what a twat.

Commuted in this morning! It was awesome!

And I learned that with careful packing, you can put everything in to your back pack.

And if you ride with someone that's much stronger than you, your planned relaxed commute becomes a great high intensity workout. Fastest I've commuted to work ever!

Commuted in this morning! It was awesome!

And I learned that with careful packing, you can put everything in to your back pack.

And if you ride with someone that's much stronger than you, your planned relaxed commute becomes a great high intensity workout. Fastest I've commuted to work ever!

Congrats and welcome.

Where is your commute loop too and from?

Congrats and welcome.

Durbanville to Century City - Go over Tiekie Draai, through Burgundy Estates, to Bosmansdam Road, to Century City, about 23km

Durbanville to Century City - Go over Tiekie Draai, through Burgundy Estates, to Bosmansdam Road, to Century City, about 23km

Nice loop that .... when the SE blows though it could get a little tough, but stick it out and make the most of every ride and make sure that you enjoy every ride :thumbup:

Nice loop that .... when the SE blows though it could get a little tough, but stick it out and make the most of every ride and make sure that you enjoy every ride :thumbup:

Plan is to do it twice a week, weather permitting. And once my schedule allows, increase to 3 days a week.

Congrats and welcome.

@Hairy why you welcoming Dizzy she is an old customer already :thumbup:

@Lizzy I'm jealous i only get 17km one way but not if i go home via Constantia Nek & Suikerbossie :whistling:

@Lizzy I'm jealous i only get 17km one way but not if i go home via Constantia Nek & Suikerbossie :whistling:

Heheheh... once I make the decision to enter full IM, then I'll go home via Malans to get some extra km's and climbing in

Heheheh... once I make the decision to enter full IM, then I'll go home via Malans to get some extra km's and climbing in

Sounds like a solid plan will that be on your MTB, just asking cause doesn't Malans become gravel half way through to Adderley?

Sounds like a solid plan will that be on your MTB, just asking cause doesn't Malans become gravel half way through to Adderley?

It's possible to do it on your road bike, the up is easy, the down you slide a bit. But will do it on the mtb, easier to hop up sidewalks and over pedestrians if needed! :devil:

I thought she was a new commuter ... I know she is a old tyre (meant in a nice way) on the hub already though

I have learnt that you need a bullet proof tyre setup. I have Conti Gatorskins with tyre liners and then I have put stans into my tubes. No problems so far.....

I learnt this morning that you should always take the time to stop and admire and appreciate this beautiful place that we live in, even if it makes your commute a few minutes longer.

Got a bit tired going over Boyes drive? :D