:clap:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taxis
  • Motorists speeding past and turning left

I had a taxi do this just this morning - my sense of humour failure in the middle of the intersection was quite spectacular.

Things more predictable than squirrels:

• Taxis
  • Mom's on the school run
  • Pedestrians
  • Rabid dogs
  • Motorists speeding past and turning left
  • First time Argus riders braving the South Easter
  • The chance of me vomiting at Baviaans 

:D

Learnt this morning that squirrels can scare the **** out of you.  Leisure commute to work this morning along the river and surrounded by trees when this over eager bugger came running accros the road at lightning speed.  Hardly had time to swerve or break and just managed to miss the cute little bugger.  I was wide awake after that.

Apparently this is a THING... :eek:

From https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/162184-reckless-squirrels/?hl=squirrel

post-61473-0-38752600-1497355561.jpg

Edited by Belgarath

After spending 90 min in gridlock traffic yesterday afternoon in CT CBD I turned the car around and went back to work.Was a pleasure on the bike this morning and looking forward to passing all those suckers in their cars this afternoon.

As if the squirrel did not cause enough of a wakeup yesterday I almost hit a horse on the way home.  Bugger surprised me from behind a fairly high hedge. Tough life in Bavaria.

Talk about extreme...

Last time when I was in Gansbaai at my grandparents, I took a trip with the bike to B-Bos.

And I approached a downhill section (on tar) and I saw a cow a few meters in front of me. It was more the right of the road, so I thought he would just go that way when I get near.

No, then he turned around towards me to the left where I am heading. Luckily the brakes of today are extremely good so I could slow down in time. 

Talk about extreme...

Last time when I was in Gansbaai at my grandparents, I took a trip with the bike to B-Bos.

And I approached a downhill section (on tar) and I saw a cow a few meters in front of me. It was more the right of the road, so I thought he would just go that way when I get near.

No, then he turned around towards me to the left where I am heading. Luckily the brakes of today are extremely good so I could slow down in time. 

you are lucky the cow let you get away so easily after calling her a "he" :P ..... or is this story bull :P

Talk about extreme...

Cows are only very slightly more stupid than pedestrians with earphones and cellphones :ph34r:

If people can now go between genders so can farm animals... ;) :P

What's the expression? "Sex between a man and woman can be a great thing. The trick is getting between the right man and woman..."

Things I have learnt from commuting ....

Alu mtb frames are not match for my fat 85kg 42 year old body in a head on collision.  Was doing about 30 km/h when going through a little chicane when a group of young men cycle next to one another comming from the opposite direction than me.  Although I breaked hard and swerved the one bugger swerved the wrong way into my line and I hit him flipping me in the air and crashing down on him and his bike.  His bike did not survive.  Could not see where what was bent but the back wheel was united with the stays.  My old Ralleigh carbon ... still going strong.

Things I have learnt from commuting ....

Alu mtb frames are not match for my fat 85kg 42 year old body in a head on collision.  Was doing about 30 km/h when going through a little chicane when a group of young men cycle next to one another comming from the opposite direction than me.  Although I breaked hard and swerved the one bugger swerved the wrong way into my line and I hit him flipping me in the air and crashing down on him and his bike.  His bike did not survive.  Could not see where what was bent but the back wheel was united with the stays.  My old Ralleigh carbon ... still going strong.

This story made me think of this... ;)

4358ef61413f370e3a44601df9053b2c.jpg