zeabre

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hairy

Nice thing about cycling to work .... when Evobikes gets ONE off an item in that you have been searching for for more than a year ....  nice 20km dash during lunch ....  28km/h average, in jeans and tekkies ....

reminds me of those fast dashes during those short exercise periods just after hard lock down .... 

PS - lunch time traffic and cycling certainly is not something I plan to do regularly .... 

Edited by ChrisF

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

@Hairy

Nice thing about cycling to work .... when Evobikes gets ONE off an item in that you have been searching for for more than a year ....  nice 20km dash during lunch ....  28km/h average, in jeans and tekkies ....

reminds me of those fast dashes during those short exercise periods just after hard lock down .... 

PS - lunch time traffic and cycling certainly is not something I plan to do regularly .... 

I miss commuting to work!

• 1 month later...

The honeymoon is over, WFH has come to an end at our company, BUT now I can dust off the old commuter again. Started on Monday and Wednesday this week and I managed to remember all the stuff I need to make commuting to work a success (ALL the clothes required at work, work permit etc). The shower at work still splutters out some warm water but someone has nicked the shower head ????. It was great to be out on the bike so early in the morning although I wasn't impressed on Wednesday when I had a head wind in & out of work!

@Albatross i have also started commuted and we might as well get used to a head wind both monring and afternoon. ???? but so nice to be commuting again!! can definitely feel the legs today after 4 days of cycling. this will be the first full week of commuting. next week should be easier

11 minutes ago, Dadbod Racing said:

I commuted twice last week. 

I haven't ridden in months and the 2nd ride I felt it in the under carriage!!!

My return to the bike is going to painful....

The message I needed to read this morning.

Also back at the office. Wrote the Jimny off about 4 months ago; it has done only 6000 kms in the last 2 years, so haven't replaced it yet.

Taking the 26er in to the office. Rudely learnt that 3 times a week on Rouvy is not the same as commuting twice a day.  Oh my word it's hard!  Luckily Mr Cat-i goes in to Sandton on Thursdays, and some other days when he feels too sorry for me.

Slowly getting there again.

When there was still no Covid 19 and I could move around freely without restrictions, I did it a lot. I learned that a lot of people really like to communicate on a variety of topics. People like to communicate with someone who knows a lot For this I read a lot and sometimes test my intelligence with iq-global-test.com Of course you have to be well-rounded in order to keep up any conversation. Do you agree with me? 

Edited by TeddyBear

• 2 months later...

Lesson for the day ..... DONT trust the weatherman :whistling: :P

Weather prediction for Bellville:

- overcast day

- light rain starting from 17:00

Deciding between the IDT or a commute was easy ....

Light "mist" during the morning commute, the odd car had to use their wipers.

Been raining here since 10:00

Going to be a lekka WET commute home.

In the words of the master Hub commuter @Hairy : "Its only water"

Still way better than the IDT :thumbup:

On 9/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, RustyHWR said:

Transnet got a new system for getting a harbor entry permit. It is a pain in the r's. All online, needing unnecessary info. After 5 to 7 working days, if you get accepted, you have to go and stand in a queue for hours to get your photo taken. Good luck. Hope your RCYC membership makes it easier?

We cycle through the harbor often and never had problems with the trucks. We got harbor access cards.

Can anyone apply for a RCYC membership permit?

2 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

Can anyone apply for a RCYC membership permit?

Hi.  Not sure how to go about a RCYC permit? Best to contact RCYC or contact Arshaad Fester TNPA Port Security.

Will PM you the details?

21 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Lesson for the day ..... DONT trust the weatherman :whistling: :P

Weather prediction for Bellville:

- overcast day

- light rain starting from 17:00

Deciding between the IDT or a commute was easy ....

Light "mist" during the morning commute, the odd car had to use their wipers.

Been raining here since 10:00

Going to be a lekka WET commute home.

In the words of the master Hub commuter @Hairy : "Its only water"

Still way better than the IDT :thumbup:

Yup, also sitting at work with a wet commute home awaiting me. Not too fussed about the wet but breaking new ground with the ebike's waterprooficity

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

Yup, also sitting at work with a wet commute home awaiting me. Not too fussed about the wet but breaking new ground with the ebike's waterprooficity

Also on the ebike ..... first rain ride on this ebike .... :whistling:

Thinking more about those slick road tires and the wet roads ..... :eek:

Should have taken the MTB .... 

EDIT - cycled home on wet tar, with no rain.  Then close to home I saw RAIN over Brackenfell, and skirted the edges of this as I got home.  Looking outside, it is not raining lekker.

Edited by ChrisF

Be careful out there today...........Capies totally lose their marbles and drive like idjits when it is wet. They lose their ability to use indicators, cannot aim for the middle of a lane, talk on their phones and weave all over the place. Suddenly a red traffic light becomes a challenge they have to beat. Orange, what's that?They also lose their eyesight and go totally blind while they swop left and right. Saw the most incredibly stupid behaviour along Main rd Soutern suburbs on my way home this afternoon. Remember rule number one of commuting: STAY ALIVE!

Edited by DJR

• 1 month later...