Garmin Premium Strap

chris_w_65

Just got my replacement strap for my Garmin, they have changed the design completely, it now looks like the Polar one (that dcrainmaker says works better)

Just got my replacement strap for my Garmin, they have changed the design completely, it now looks like the Polar one (that dcrainmaker says works better)

Has it helped? I ordered mine on Amazon but it is doing what yours did to you.... how did you about doing the 'recall' and what kind of guarantee is there? 6 months?

Edit: I see mine shipped on 27 Jan.... might be a little too late if 6 months.

Edited by Tiny K

Has it helped? I ordered mine on Amazon but it is doing what yours did to you.... how did you about doing the 'recall' and what kind of guarantee is there? 6 months?

I will test it in the morning. The replacement came from Garmin Europe as my Garmin was bought in the UK.

I would have been sceptical that a new strap would solve the problem but the fact that they have changed the design makes me think it must be an improved model

Here is a pic of the old Garmin strap. The replacement must be a very new model because I can't find an image but it is very similar to the Polar one below

post-18048-0-16711600-1314709214.jpg

post-18048-0-61004600-1314709230.jpg

Here is a pic of the old Garmin strap. The replacement must be a very new model because I can't find an image but it is very similar to the Polar one below

DCRainmaker to the rescue:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Wo8yCZ1eTVw/THXyq6fY18I/AAAAAAAAgiQ/Hxyv8HRC23c/IMG_9568A_thumb%5B5%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Wo8yCZ1eTVw/THXysCo0R3I/AAAAAAAAgig/7Ymwmb7jHb8/IMG_9570A_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

Edited by Edman

Does anyone have experience with the new style strap?

I've been using the new strap since the beginning of the year and I really like it. No problems at all, and it picks up my heart rate almost right away, I don't have to wait a bit like I need to for the polar strap. And it's really comfortable!

I've been using the new strap since the beginning of the year and I really like it. No problems at all, and it picks up my heart rate almost right away, I don't have to wait a bit like I need to for the polar strap. And it's really comfortable!

+1 Haven't had a single issue with the strap - goes on dry (don't have to lick the damn thing like Polar) and doesn't move around much. Never missed a beat - so to speak.

Based on the images I have the new premium HR strap - I have had issues with HR spiking from friction between the jersey and my thermal vest when descending fast. I have started wearing a cotton vest under my jersey and it seems to have helped but I do get some random readings every now and then... like having a HR of 120 bpm when climbing a hill that I can feel it should read in the 170's.

Does anyone have experience with the new style strap?

I have the new one and I find it very comfortable and more importantly, I haven't had any problems with incorrect HR readings.

Was just thinking, is there some spec somewhere that says that the unit must sit in a certain position? My stem, like Airbender's, is angled upwards and my garmin unit is fixed to the stem.

Here is 3 eg's of my erratic data:

post-14551-0-72841400-1314713944.jpg

post-14551-0-51229800-1314714421.jpg

and my favourite:

post-14551-0-27839700-1314714806.jpg

Edited by Tiny K

New strap is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you being sarcastic? That data looks like mine and I can see that my heart rate is sometimes incorrect.... your new data looks the same as mine.

I am having my battery changed tomorrow... hope it helps :blink: