Mankele Avalanche

Kranswurm

Thanks dude

Yeah. I will definitely ride next year. Sounds like we both need some rehab in the next few weeks.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dude

Yeah. I will definitely ride next year. Sounds like we both need some rehab in the next few weeks.

The strange thing is I made it through all the rock gardens & stuff and then bail on a flat with only a tree on the side of the track. I suppose it's not as bad as you, bailing on an open road. :blush: I think the most damage was to my ego, luckily it should recover within a few weeks.

There is one commonality between our crashes... Jason. He was chasing you and I was chasing him when they happened :lol:

It is an awesome event though. I wish more riders would embrace it. It was good fun spectating at the last chute to see the difference in speed between Bryce and the rest. Hats off to Nadia - she was by far the smoothest down there. I did walk stage 1 which made me want to ride more than ever.

I wanted to ask. Was my 15 year old daughter the youngest rider you've had on the Avalanche?

Yip, hats off to the Mankele boys. What a ride. I can't sleep at night - still picturing the lines & trying to improve my times. Licking my wounds & waiting just another 360 odd sleeps.

Yeh, well done to Nadia & all them girls, they got balls! :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

It's almost that time again!!!! The trails are looking awesome. We've made some big changes from previous years, stages are +-2km longer. Each stage is now 7km+ of fast flowing, mind blowing, adrenalin pumping, single track downhill trail riding. Stage 1 & 3 have kind of merged, stage 2 extended with more amazing mountain trails and stage 3 is brand new, with an flippen lekker 4km flowing bush tunnel.

It's almost that time again!!!! The trails are looking awesome. We've made some big changes from previous years, stages are +-2km longer. Each stage is now 7km+ of fast flowing, mind blowing, adrenalin pumping, single track downhill trail riding. Stage 1 & 3 have kind of merged, stage 2 extended with more amazing mountain trails and stage 3 is brand new, with an flippen lekker 4km flowing bush tunnel.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait. And this time I will be on the bike :D

post-37207-0-82427700-1371122447.gif

We have an outing of about 10 of us going to Mankele this weekend??

Is there an event happening??

We have an outing of about 10 of us going to Mankele this weekend??

Is there an event happening??

The Avalanche is a month away ;)

Entry done, cant wait.

A full Combi is on its way in 4 weeks time

:clap:

we gonna get pre race footage of the tracks?

Entry done, cant wait.

A full Combi is on its way in 4 weeks time

:clap:

we gonna get pre race footage of the tracks?

Come down on the Friday and test ride the trails for practise.

Come down on the Friday and test ride the trails for practise.

Too unfit and Lazy for that.