Complete Rip off

akneethling

I understand that cycling, and more Specifically Mountainbiking is a very popular sport/passtime, and therefore the business of supplying Cyclists/Mountainbikers (equipment and Routes/Trails/Venues) can be a lucrative business. I have no gripe with this......... But R1600 for an annual permit at the Toyota MTN Bikepark just sounds ridiculous. I do, however, not know all of the services offered by the park....... but come on........ R1600? Is this in any way acceptable?

This, in addition to the sometimes costly events (Day licenses and all the rest)Give us a break already

Edited by akneethling

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get real.

Ride twice a week for 50 weeks and you pay R16 per session. Where else can you get a couple of hours entertainment for that price.

Find something else to whinge about apart from some guys trying to run a decent business...

R133.33 a month... doesn't so bad if you compare it with say a gym or cell phone contract. depends how many routes and what sort of facilities they offer. a year of riding the same route with not be worth R133.33 a month for me!! If there is a lekker club house will good change rooms and sauna's etc. that would help justify the cost!!

Edited by The OriginalSpartacus

Get real.

Ride twice a week for 50 weeks and you pay R16 per session. Where else can you get a couple of hours entertainment for that price.

Find something else to whinge about apart from some guys trying to run a decent business...

:lol:

dont kow what it cost now - but lat year it was R300 for 10 entries, had to use it up in 6 months. R600 for 20 times over 6 months was plenty, because i go to other places inbetween.

except if you work right next to it; then it would make sense to want to go there more often.

Get real.

Cape Town! But ours is free .... bwahahahah!

I understand that cycling, and more Specifically Mountainbiking is a very popular sport/passtime, and therefore the business of supplying Cyclists/Mountainbikers (equipment and Routes/Trails/Venues) can be a lucrative business. I have no gripe with this......... But R1600 for an annual permit at the Toyota MTN Bikepark just sounds ridiculous. I do, however, not know all of the services offered by the park....... but come on........ R1600? Is this in any way acceptable?

This, in addition to the sometimes costly events (Day licenses and all the rest)Give us a break already

Don't go.....oh you can't cause you are in Cape Town

It's very reasonable.

Guest Omega Man

Come on dude. 3 bags of groceries from woolies is R1600.

A wild card for Tokai costs R280. It sounds like a bargain but we have to maintain the trails. Hahaha.

Edited by Omega Man

Can't believe you pay to ride the bikes you paid 10 to 50 thousand gorillas for. Is there anything you don't pay for?

Flip.

suddenly I am happy paying R270 for a wildcard to cycle at Tokai...+ R280 for bottelary....thats 2 awesome places where you guys only get one!!

Costs a whack to maintain and build trails, no point in paying 10 bucks a ride then falling into dongas and weeds on the trails. Ultimately the customers who pay the money will decide if fair value or not. If so , will keep going back , and if not, they will be gone like last weeks pay.

Personally I'm happy to pay to ride in a nice place, and a safe place where my current wife can go ride too.

After seeing it on Supercycling last night i'd say it's worth it.

Trails look well maintained and there are clearish markings + barrier tape everywhere.

At tokai we pay R280, the riding may be a bit better, or the same (not sure) but maintenance is not done by SANparks and comes down to the riders who have to pay for that too.

maintenance is not done by SANparks and comes down to the riders who have to pay for that too.

Not really.