KILLARNEY

degody

Killarney count-down begins! One more week. We are starting on Wed. 7th SEPT. Registration from 5ish. Entry R25 for waffle. PLEASE DO NOT GO ONTO TRACK BEFORE 6PM. Looking forward to seeing LOTS of you there.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I ask, trust me to be the last to know, but what is happening at Killarney?

Short track racing every Wednesday evening. On 29ers.

There you have it Pain and Shine - short and sweet! Starting at 6pm you ride for 1 hour + 1 lap - will be shorter for a while until the sun stays out later. You ride for points: top 10 get points every week which are accumulated until the end of the season which is end Feb. Come down and have a look.

looking forward to this tomorrow evening, will be a new experience for me riding on a proper race circuit. weather looks great for it as well, 18C and a light S-E wind

how many riders pitch up on average? 20, 30, 50?

is the circuit fairly flat?

I see we're not allowed on track before 6pm, is there still time to do a recce lap before the racing starts?

Hehe.. for the new guys, Bring your barf bags :lol:

Its a flat twisty bunch sprint for 40 minutes

Guest Frail4Life

Hey BUDDY!

What are you on About?

You are always so Chilled!

How is your training going?

Hey BUDDY!

What are you on About?

You are always so Chilled!

How is your training going?

Hey man Im well thank you. Ive had a loong break and Im engaged! thats how my training has been going :rolleyes:

Cycling isnt priority right now but I do still enjoy my riding, a lot. I got her (kirstin) a bike and we rode in tokai for the first time this sunday morning. She loved it and though its her first time on a mtbike since like high school she rode most of the singletracks without a problem! makes for a happy man.

How are you sir? I want to get some of that Maize stuff from you still oneday.

As for Killarney. I'd love to come more often but I have Biblestudy on wednesdays

bummer

tankman - how you planning on getting to killarney?

Skipping tomorrow ... maybe next week. I still need to source a barfbag before then, Bos? :D

It's not as flat as you think and normally the wind makes you puke before the hills do. That and the average on a calm day should hit 45kmph.... Yeeeeeahaaaa!!