SRAM-Quarq mountain bike power meter

kosmonooit

I see SRAM has a prototype mtb crankset power meter out:

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2011/08/30/1314701109319-qinfqbh40k55-280-75.jpg

More details here

Great! It is a good alternative to the powertap mtb hub (they do not seem that popular, I've seen very few of them around).

Looks good - always nice to have option.

Lets hope the competition drives prices down and make it more accessible to all of us.

Keen to see how accurate it is!

Wonder if Garmin will bring thir new power meter out for the MTB.

I have the PT meter and its main advantage is that I can swop it between my two MTBs or leave it off for XC racing. The Quarq oes seem a fair bit lighter though.

Road version is excellent. Beats SRM hands down in all categories. Bolt on and away you go. No sending back once a year to be calibrated etc like SRM and alot cheaper aswell.

I have the PT meter and its main advantage is that I can swop it between my two MTBs or leave it off for XC racing. The Quarq oes seem a fair bit lighter though.

I don't think it would be too much of a mission to swap the cranks over. I suppose it would depend on how often you change bikes.