[Event] Spur Adventure Sprint #1

Ugene

Event Name: Spur Adventure Sprint #1
When: 2 October 2011
Where: Oak Valley Estate, Elgin, Western Cape
Category: Multisport

THE ADVENTURE!

The emphasis is on "having fun" and designed for the novice and more experienced teams alike!

2 events -

1. Spur Bush Kid Adventure Trail

2. Spur Adventure Sprint Race

THERE ARE NO WATER POINTS ON THE COURSE – BRING YOUR OWN! Participants will each receive an energy drink at the finish.

for all events -

Registration – 7.00am-8.40am

Race briefing –8.45am

Start – 9.00am [09h05 for Bush Kid Trail]

Prize giving – 12.30am [at the latest]

SPUR BUSH KID INFO

For 6-10yr old - approx. This will be a guided adventure trail with some natural and man made obstacles. Duration approx 1 hour. They start straight after the main event at around 09h05 and the kids meet in front of the registration Gazebo. No mountain bikes needed.

Cost - R40.00 per child. Parents are welcome to accompany them free of charge.Bring: Hat, sunblock, water, snack and something warm if the weather is cool. There will be a jumping castle at the venue.

SPUR ADVENTURE SPRINT RACE INFO

Teams of: 2 or 3

This is not a relay. Team members do all the activities "together" and must stay together for the entire race. Combination of mountain biking/water crossing with tubes and ropes/trail running/hiking/natural obstacles]. Pre enter and pay less or late enter on the morning before the event starts. Pre entries pays R20.00 less per person!

Description

Long course -

• 20-24km Mountain biking

• 4-5km trail run with natural and man made obstacles incl a water crossing with ropes/tubes - not a swim.

Half Course -

• 10-12km Mountain biking

• 2-3km trail run with natural and man made obstacles incl a water crossing with ropes/tubes - not a swim.

For more information visit www.quantumadventures.co.za

Go to Event Page