Are you guys mad?

pastapouch

Last night, on my way out at 20:30, I was driving on Hendrik Potgieter Rd in Roodepoort, and there were two cyclists cycling, at night, with BLACK CLOTHING... Yes they had lights, but still riding on that road, at night, or any time is just madness. Get an indoor trainer!!!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be mad cause this winter there have been times that I've been on the road at 5H00 in the morning with black clothing ;)

please be a bit more specific, why would they be mad?

I don't even drive on Hendrik Potgieter with my car! It's got one of the highest accident rates of the major roads in the area- scary ass place to ride a bike at night! :thumbdown:

please be a bit more specific, why would they be mad?

Road cycling in SA should cover it. These guys may Darwin candidates?

If they had enough lighting front & back then what's the problem? The clothing colour is not going to make that much difference. Likely to have been two people commuting home from work (lots of us out there doing that - see recent threads).

Sorry, correction. I agree that there's no reason for anyone to be on the roads in Gauteng at any day or night. Roads full of cars with GP number plates (any cyclists worst nightmare).

I've never had any issue on HP and I use to cycle on it during peak hour (6am-7am) during the week. You must demand you space and be visible and you will be safe.

Last night, on my way out at 20:30, I was driving on Hendrik Potgieter Rd in Roodepoort, and there were two cyclists cycling, at night, with BLACK CLOTHING... Yes they had lights, but still riding on that road, at night, or any time is just madness. Get an indoor trainer!!!! :thumbdown:

I don't understand your problem, if they had surfactant lights why not

I've never had any issue on HP and I use to cycle on it during peak hour (6am-7am) during the week. You must demand you space and be visible and you will be safe.

Ditto.

Jealous they getting in more training than you. :P

Off course! We are all mad! Ha! ha! I ride 4:45am in the mornings (cold and dark). It is quite fun and adventure!

What you wanna do that for, crazy fool.