Rietvlei blue route - confusing

mark ellis

Rode for the second time at the Rietvlei today, tried to ride the blue route but kept coming back onto the same track, believe you can get about 18km from one lap.

Anybody got some gpx files you could send my please? Love the tracks there

Edited by mark ellis

Thanks dude! Appreciated

Hello Mark, sorry to hear you feel confused. We do try our best and a quick stop in the shop would have solved your cofusion AND we would have been aware of the problem and would have absolutely address the problem. Please understand that we have built them and ride them day and night and what seems simple and obvious to us, blinds our perception of a confusion. I would enjoy taking you around the blue trail...and BB I am dissapointed to read your comment as I have so often invited you for a ride and I know we would have discussed the confusing section and it would have been cleared up.You ride your own routes anyway :lol: Have you forgotten that you were the one who complained about NON rideable trails before we actually started there but made a difference immediately.

Guest agteros

Hello Mark, sorry to hear you feel confused. We do try our best and a quick stop in the shop would have solved your cofusion AND we would have been aware of the problem and would have absolutely address the problem. Please understand that we have built them and ride them day and night and what seems simple and obvious to us, blinds our perception of a confusion. I would enjoy taking you around the blue trail...and BB I am dissapointed to read your comment as I have so often invited you for a ride and I know we would have discussed the confusing section and it would have been cleared up.You ride your own routes anyway :lol: Have you forgotten that you were the one who complained about NON rideable trails before we actually started there but made a difference immediately.

Oi Wends it confuses me only cause I'm easily confused ;)

Maybe he should go around there on my Humber. Seems like he fiddles with the brakes and gears too much :)

Will be there this coming Saturday for an early morning "spring" ride - say 07:00-ish

Have father-and-daughter time from 10:00 while mother gets to do something for herself

So no long ride through the reserve for me with the club

Hi Wendell

Thanks for the reply but no need to apologise :) I still really enjoyed the riding and the well maintained trails. Got the gpx route now so should be good but anything is possible:)

Will be there this coming Saturday for an early morning "spring" ride - say 07:00-ish

Have father-and-daughter time from 10:00 while mother gets to do something for herself

So no long ride through the reserve for me with the club

Hello my friend, we are hosting the schools MTB final from early on Saturday so you will be restricted the western section of the farm or as an alternative go to Thaba..nice we can offer you an alternative.

Hello my friend, we are hosting the schools MTB final from early on Saturday so you will be restricted the western section of the farm or as an alternative go to Thaba..nice we can offer you an alternative.

Thanks Wendel... Thaba trails it will be - an extra few Kms each way from home to get the red stuff flowing.

Is my Vlei card valid at the Thaba trails, or do I have to get a separate card?

Thanks Wendel... Thaba trails it will be - an extra few Kms each way from home to get the red stuff flowing.

Is my Vlei card valid at the Thaba trails, or do I have to get a separate card?

Sorry but they are two seperate businesses so unfortunately the Vlei Card will not work. The fee for Thaba is 20% more ie. R30 for a single entry as apposed to the R25 at the vlei. This extra cost is going into a "game fund" as we as cyclists will be increasing the game vareity as the land can accomodate them. We have Springbok, Blessbok, Impala, Wildebeest and zebra that have been brought in. We see a number of indigenous such as duiker, klipspringer and the last week or so,we have been seeing pairs of jackal ( mainly in our night rides)A 10 entry ticket will cost R200 and an annual ticket (2012) bought now at R1200 will give you the balance of 2011 free.Most of our racing will be planned for Thaba so we don't impact on "The Vlei" lovers

Wendell, how about a "dual" type entry ticket at a slightly cheaper price (instead of R55 for both , perhaps R40/R45) to enable a person to for e.g. park at Thaba or the Vlei, ride the course, cycle to the other trail, ride it and then cycle back to where you parked your car? It would give you a nice 50/60k ride for the morning.

Edited by Thug

Sorry but they are two seperate businesses so unfortunately the Vlei Card will not work. The fee for Thaba is 20% more ie. R30 for a single entry as apposed to the R25 at the vlei. This extra cost is going into a "game fund" as we as cyclists will be increasing the game vareity as the land can accomodate them. We have Springbok, Blessbok, Impala, Wildebeest and zebra that have been brought in. We see a number of indigenous such as duiker, klipspringer and the last week or so,we have been seeing pairs of jackal ( mainly in our night rides)A 10 entry ticket will cost R200 and an annual ticket (2012) bought now at R1200 will give you the balance of 2011 free.Most of our racing will be planned for Thaba so we don't impact on "The Vlei" lovers

Wendell, how about a "dual" type entry ticket at a slightly cheaper price (instead of R55 for both , perhaps R40/R45) to enable a person to for e.g. park at Thaba or the Vlei, ride the course, cycle to the other trail, ride it and then cycle back to where you parked your car? It would give you a nice 50/60k ride for the morning.

I agree with Thug on the option to ride both venues on the same day - a single day pass which is a different entry ticket to the normal single venue entry ticket - valid only for the day of issue. Heck, I'll even sponsor a date stamp for both venues.

Then perhaps a dual card, also at a slightly reduced rate, say R175.

I agree with Thug on the option to ride both venues on the same day - a single day pass which is a different entry ticket to the normal single venue entry ticket - valid only for the day of issue. Heck, I'll even sponsor a date stamp for both venues.

Then perhaps a dual card, also at a slightly reduced rate, say R175.

Hi Guys, sure will look at this for you. just give me a bit if time to get all the URGENT stuff handled. We are blessed with a workshop that is bursting at the seems and it is taking its toll on our time... but we WILL look at it, just bear with me. Thanks

I must say the the Thaba trails are great and one needs to be a little fitter to ride there compared to the Vlei.

A little powdery in certain places, but the first few rains will sort that out - can't wait.

Well done Wendell - a well laid-out route.