Garmin Edge 500 or Bryton Rider 35

All smiles

I would like to buy myself a cycling GPS for MTB'ing - what would be the best buy?

A Garmin Edge 500 or Bryton Rider 35?

Garmin Edge 500

Google DC Rainmaker and see the 500 under product reviews

Oh and that little search function in the top right corner actually works ... Type in "Edge 500" or "Garmin 500" and all your questions will be answered!

/

I would like to buy myself a cycling GPS for MTB'ing - what would be the best buy?

I purchased a 35 with HRM and CS from wiggle for around R1800, never owned a 500 so cannot compare.

35 does what it states on the tin

If you do not need/want HR or Cadence there is also the Garmin Edge 200 (more info in the product review thread when you search)

The 200 has all the same software capabilities than the 500 just no HR, cadence or power meter at half the price.

Not available here yet, might be quiker to order from ChainReactionCycles.

I've been using the newer Garmin Edge 800. Rather get yourself the current best-in-range. It has amazing features. I rode the Transbaviaans with it - lasted all 12-plus hours; plotted cadence; temp; heart rate; GPS en route; average speed; plots all altitude climbing; links to Maps etc etc. I was truly impressed with the functionality. I'm not a geek on these things (check out many blogs online with guys who compare these gadgets against each other) I just use them.

Buy the Garmin Edge 500 if you don't want to be disappointed.

Buy the Bryton if you want to be different.

a bit off topic,

but if i happened to crack my garmin edge 500 screen... :blush: :oops:

could i just take it back to place of purchase with the reciepot and ask them to fix it? :whistling:

I bought the Edge 500 based on the recommendations of other hubbers (search for the other threads) and I am loving it!!!

a bit off topic,

but if i happened to crack my garmin edge 500 screen... :blush: :oops:

could i just take it back to place of purchase with the reciepot and ask them to fix it? :whistling:

Take it directly to Avnic (Capricorn park, Muizenberg, Google!) , will be quicker that way. Your place of purchase can not fix it themselves and will send it there anyway.

Take it directly to Avnic (Capricorn park, Muizenberg, Google!) , will be quicker that way. Your place of purchase can not fix it themselves and will send it there anyway.

Shot for that, will take it after school tomorrow.

umm, which shop/business in capricorn park? :blush:

Tankman, you are fighting 1/2 an OBE (outcomes based education) here. Good luck!

:lol: problem being that when you put nothing in, that is exactly what comes out ... nothing! Just ask bra Julias!

He won't be able to answer but none the less! :)

i did google it.

I just skim-read it and didn't pick up the AVNIC part, so I only googled capricorn business park.