MTB Skills sessions wanted

Andrew VR

Hi Guys

I am looking for some MTB skills sessions for my wife.... She is not confident at all when it comes to drop offs and technical descents.

We are in JHB.

Any recommendations????

Thanks

Self teach?

Try some You Tubes, there's loads.

Then some practice at Groenies. Some nice practice and confidence building rocky descents there of various grades.

For what my opinion is worth: For rocky decents: Speed (momentum), line choice and shift your weight back, and then it all becomes so easy.

Youtube has a lot of instructional videos out there. But always, take things very slowly and increment difficulty in small increments. Accidents happen when excitement out weighs skill level. Also make sure she wears protective gear in case she comes down.

Good luck with her!! Hope she learns fast

• 5 weeks later...

+ 1 on Youtube or even under bicycling.co.za there is a skills section with a couple of 1min vid's.

(Basics,corners,drop offs,single track, lines etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Our opinion - go with the Skills Clinics with TREAD Magazine! Next one is in Cape Town this Saturday (you just missed one in Joburg this past weekend), but for more info, visit here: http://mtb.miway.co.za/?p=1719

They also offer Ladies Tea & Trail rides sponsored by MiWay which are great for women looking to build confidence in relaxed ladies-only groups once a month - http://mtb.miway.co.za/?p=1940.

Feel free to contact us on mtb@miway.co.za for any information, or keep up to date by joining our Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/miwaymtb

Happy riding!

The MiWay MTB Team

P.S. If you're a MiWay client, you get 50% off of the Skills Clinics, saving you R200 per person! Click here for more info: MiWayMTB Rewards

post-26030-0-43268300-1318870256.jpg

Hi Guys

I am looking for some MTB skills sessions for my wife.... She is not confident at all when it comes to drop offs and technical descents.

We are in JHB.

Any recommendations????

Thanks

Yeah, I recommend speed and put your fear aside. You will fall off, but you will get better.

When is the next ride before you buy day?

Unfortunately we're not involved in Ride Before You Buy initiatives again this year! There wasn't much demand last year so we thought we'd focus on a series sponsorship instead.

:)