Kings Kloof Time and Distance

RocknRolla

In the interest of market research (not really) :lol:

Post your Endomondo/garmin connect log, of your Kingskloof ride. Or even time & distance measured.

For interest sake, and motivation to train harder.

post-24416-0-34357400-1315226871.jpg

Edited by RocknRolla

For which route was this? I done the black route three weeks back on was close to 24~25km's - I did get a little lost at the end though.

For which route was this? I done the black route three weeks back on was close to 24~25km's - I did get a little lost at the end though.

Black Route - but i omitted a section, i did not enjoy this section at all previously.

it's difficult to explain which section though. After the very very rocky descent, you cross a small stream. there is an option to continue straight (black route, or turn right up a rocky ascent, the one with the loose flat rocks. I went up the loose flat rocks section.

Edited by RocknRolla

Oh ok, I know the very very rocky descent well... I got 14 stitches from that descent a week ago :)

I went up that stretch too that you reffering to in my previous ride too.

Oh ok, I know the very very rocky descent well... I got 14 stitches from that descent a week ago :)

I went up that stretch too that you reffering to in my previous ride too.

yep, there's no mercy if you get that downhill wrong.

Sunday did what I thought was the whole black route, but Endomondo only showed 20.55km's? Did this in 1h50, 11 point something km/h avg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Friday was my first at Kings Kloof. We did the black but got gatvol near the farthest point of the route and jippo'd a bit. Finished with about 20km.

But on the way back on a rocky downhill I lost it and busted... well allot of things, on myself and the bike. So between trying to ride back with one hand, muscle spasms and walking, I don't want to mention the end time...

Needless to say, I was not prepared, this route broke me :-)

Welcome to the club Carrot! that place should only be ridden when you are fully alert. I saw my @ss there too :)

Edited by quinton

Hehe, well not considering everything else, I guess it feels quite good if you say it like that :-D as soon as everything has returned to normal painlessness I'll be going back for revenge. Maybe I'll get two fake tattoos just incase looking badass helps.

Yip, I had a visit to Wilgehuewel and 14 stiches later, I have not gone back again but I will go face it again sometime.

Ouch, both my wrists got hammered super hard, especially the one which is sitting in braces at the moment, even though its not broken...

But I've been thinking of getting a new front tyre, the monorail works great on flat-ish surfaces but suck on rocky routes like kings. Any suggestions? Maybe the maxis ardent or Minion? or something? Not interrested in the conti's...

Hi all

I did my First MTB Race 40km 10 Sept 2011 (Silverstar MTB Challenge)on that route and that descent i got so a fright i mostly walked it. I also got lost but found the route again. At one stage i thought i was last on the race as no -one was in front or at back of me. My time was a horrified 3:37min. At least i know it was my first race and i only started riding from Aug 2011.

Up till now i am still afraid but i am trying to get more skills now.

Kings kloof for a first race? Hectic...

Try doing a couple of easier races first, like baba's lodge ;-)