Don't buy from this Hubber

MTB MAN

Let see what you guys think of this I was a potential buyer for a helmet that went up for sale Catlike whisper helmet. I PM'd the Hubber asking him about the helmet obviously calling dibs on the product.As we were discussing the product he had sold the helmet after I sent an sms and a PM and posting on the for sale ad that I want the product now why all of a sudden are there complete A@#H%#@! on the Hub it seems they don't understand the word dibs

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/10567-catlike-whisper-plus-team/

This is the link to this seller's product you guys can give me an opinion if I am wrong or wright but you just don't operate this way.After this k@k move I don't really want to purchase from the hub anymore it is just not the way it use to be...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always fair for each side to have their own say - whilst Aebro does his best to try and discredit me, it's pretty simple to point out that "I'm interested in..." is not the same as "I'll take it." Fundamental difference in wording which has cost him the helmet, and now he's being a sore loser.

I am Gordon Wilson, previous owner of Wsquared Cycling - and as Wsquared I sold a lot of stuff on the hub, so if there is any question as to my integrity in dealing with sales on the hub, ask anybody who has dealth with, and bought stuff from me, and you won't find a problem. So good luck to Aebro.

Yes 'dibs' doesn't mean much, I think the last time I use that word was in primary school. If you want something, you have to say directly and in no uncertain terms "I will take it" and start to arrange payment. If the seller agrees but still lets you down, then you might have a case for a public gripe.

I tend to agree with Aero,he was in discussions when the seller sold to another party. Not good but **** happens.You snooze you loose.

Whose to say that another potential buyer hadn't PM'ed the seller and just not made a post on the sale before you even saw the sale? Nowhere do you say I'll take it.

Dibs means nothing. I think you are in the wrong here AEBRO.

Edited by cyfermaster

Cash is king, if you want something, pay for it, don't say "shotgun", "dibs" or "I booksed it!!" I don't think that even had cred at prep school, and this is adult world!

Does indeed sound like sour grapes... I think you are in the wrong here Aebro.

Well he rides an Orbea so he must be wrong!

Well we were busy negotiating on delivery as I was going to pay his price plus postage so I am the first buyer...

Always fair for each side to have their own say - whilst Aebro does his best to try and discredit me, it's pretty simple to point out that "I'm interested in..." is not the same as "I'll take it." Fundamental difference in wording which has cost him the helmet, and now he's being a sore loser.

I am Gordon Wilson, previous owner of Wsquared Cycling - and as Wsquared I sold a lot of stuff on the hub, so if there is any question as to my integrity in dealing with sales on the hub, ask anybody who has dealth with, and bought stuff from me, and you won't find a problem. So good luck to Aebro.

This is a good response! I agree 100% with your comments and applaud you for not taking a personal stab at AEBRO.

I think you are open and honest.

I sympathise with AEBRO. You lost out on a deal. Sh*t happens. But you have to commit!! Dibs has to be backed up with an immediate request for particulars and arrangements for payment, collection, ets.

Well done on the sale and i hope the purchaser remembers to leave positive feedback ;)

As ek iets verkoop, verkoop ek aan die eerste ou wat na my toe kom met die geld nie die eerste ou wat se hy wil dit koop nie, ekt al teveel die woord "dibs" gehoor en dan kom die ou nooit weer terug na my toe nie.