[Event] 2012 XCOSA.Co.ZA Series

BodyBikeFit

Event Name: 2012 XCOSA.Co.ZA Series
When: 28 January 2012
Where: Fountains Valley, Pretoria, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The 2012 Active Lifestyle Coaching XCO Series

Bringing you the fun of mountain bike lap racing ...

•  
  • The 2012 Active Lifestyle Coaching XCO Series will introduce you to thefun of lap racing, the only mountain bike Olympic event!
  • The series will consist of 4 formally timed races, all taking place atFountains (Pretoria), during which participants accrue log pointsfor participation in the 5th race, the Grand Finale that will takeplace in Nov 2012.
  • Normal UCI/CSA age categories and rules apply.
  • The race tracks will start-off with an easy ride for the 1st race,and the technical standard of the track will increase towards the Grand Finale.
  • Each race will be preceded by a series of development clinics,presented on the very next race track to equip participants tocope with the skills to participate. These clinics will allowparticipants sufficient training time for preparation.
  • Top performance in each race will be handsomely rewarded

http://proietto.com/wp-content/themes/proietto/images/facebook-icon.jpgFollow us on Facebook

Go to Event Page

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Entries open 31 Oct 2011 on www.xcosa.co.za - also check out our club, more information to follow on our website

• 2 weeks later...

Entries are open, visit www.xcosa.co.za, just select the Race Entry tab - you can enter for all races or be selective. Race admin is dealt with on-line through iTickets (what a professional bunch of guys)! While on our website have a look at our Club by selecting the Club Hub tab. Different types of membership available, from free to VIP. You can join now and be a member until 31 Dec 2012! You anyway need to be part of a club if you want to do any CSA sanctioned races ...

• 1 month later...

Your event of 28 July clashes with the Anatomic High School series - which means that many will have to choose between either doing the one series or the other, as both have log points. If you can change that event to another date then you will definately get many more entrants for your entire series.

The event on 28 January 2012 also clashes with the MTN Barberton event.

Marathon at Barberton takes place on 28/01/2012, and the half marathon on 29/01/2012.

@Singletrack The Anatomic series is a Central Gauteng Event, whereas XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series is a Gauteng North event, both submitted for inclusion on the CSA calendar by the respective provincial bodies. The XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series is the only Gauteng North Cross Country Series and is also being considered to serve as events for GN provincial colours. Furthermore the XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series caters for all age categories inclusive of but not limited to scholars.

@Pezulu The XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series is a cross country (XCO) event whereas the Barberton Race is a marathon (XCM) race. These are different disciplines and are also being hosted in different provinces. XCO is the only Olympic Mountainbike event and to date have received very little attention from event organizers. We plan to grow XCO to the same (and an even better) level of participation by educating Mountainbikers on how to enjoy the exhilaration of Mountainbike lap racing and the idea is not to lure riders away from XCM.

Can I enter on the day?

Cant seem to navigate you website - cant find an entry link.

Sent David a email requesting help on Wed - still no reply.

Let me know via PM please - dont want to keep calling up this thread for the next week hoping for a relpy.

V.

Great initiative here guys !

Will do all of them if I can, bar maybe the 1st one, don't think I'm exactly ready for such intensity yet but we'll see hopefully training picks up a bit :thumbup:

Will try bring some buddies to compete against, last provincial I did here there were only 3 men in the Elite class :thumbdown:

How are the entries looking ?

Hi Weight Weenie, the 1st race route is really flat and only has 30m ascend per lap, with only the nice single tracks - really worth doing ...

Entries going well so far, however we know the next 2 weeks will be a mad house, that's why we have capped the entries to 500 for the day - entries really picked up since Monday.

@Singletrack The Anatomic series is a Central Gauteng Event, whereas XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series is a Gauteng North event, both submitted for inclusion on the CSA calendar by the respective provincial bodies. The XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series is the only Gauteng North Cross Country Series and is also being considered to serve as events for GN provincial colours. Furthermore the XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series caters for all age categories inclusive of but not limited to scholars.

Thanks for the reply. :)