Cajees Fourways sucks

chris_w_65

Bought a bike from Cajees and on the phone I say I want minimum SLX and they tell me it is SLX/XT. I get it home and see it has a Deore crank. I call them this morning and remind them that as per them it should have had an SLX crank so can I upgrade/exchange and pay in the difference. The guy tells me I must pay in R2000.00. He is mad, you can pick up a brand new crank at my LBS for R1400.00 with no trade in.

The price difference between the Deore and SLX is only R400.00, you would think they would try and help the customer out to keep them happy instead of having them post negative comments on the hub. Instead they are trying to rip me off for something they said would be on the bike :thumbdown: :angry:

Edited by chris_w_65

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a bike from Cajees and on the phone I say I want minimum SLX and they tell me it is SLX/XT. I get it home and see it has a Deore crank. I call them this morning and remind them that as per them it should have had an SLX crank so can I upgrade/exchange and pay in the difference. The guy tells me I must pay in R2000.00. He is mad, you can pick up a brand new crank at my LBS for R1400.00 with no trade in.

The price difference between the Deore and SLX is only R400.00, you would think they would try and help the customer out to keep them happy instead of having them post negative comments on the hub. Instead they are trying to rip me off for something they said would be on the bike :thumbdown: :angry:

Your own fault,you have been on the hub for a while now and there has been a numerous of complaints about this cycling shop, but still you go and buy from them??

Your own fault,you have been on the hub for a while now and there has been a numerous of complaints about this cycling shop, but still you go and buy from them??

Yes, I know but it was a bit far to go to Westdene and Cajees matched their price, they are 5 minutes away. I didn't know the crank would be an issue.

The crank isnt an issue...

They almost the same thing.

But i agree, you also should have looked at your new bike properly before leaving the store

The crank isnt an issue...

They almost the same thing.

But i agree, you also should have looked at your new bike properly before leaving the store

Yes, I will keep it as it is. I would have been prepared to pay in R400.00 for the upgrade though.

According to the consumer protection act if you stated you wanted a specific product then you can take it back as you been told it was spec'd as XT/SLX...so phone them and tell them either they fix it or you will report them as you clearly been told the bike was spec'd as XT/SLX

IMO chances are good that the Deore crank is an old model as well. That f*&^*^*((sorry for the language) shop... they get my blood boiling in an instant.

Ok, I changed the title of the thread. Fatima at Cajees Princess Crossing will swop out the crank for R550.00 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ok, I changed the title of the thread. Fatima at Cajees Princess Crossing will swop out the crank for R550.00 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Still not sure why you have to pay in for something that was supposed to be part of the deal?

I've had my rants about Cajees before, so won't go off about it again.

When you get the bike - check that the items listed as standard spec are still on the bike. Friend of mine got his bike and the Fizik Gobi had mysteriusly changed to Golden Lion Special.

Still not sure why you have to pay in for something that was supposed to be part of the deal?

I've had my rants about Cajees before, so won't go off about it again.

And now you paid more than you would have at Westdene (from your other thread). Hope you have learnt your lesson...Enjoy the ride.