Moving to Roadbike from Mtb???????

Rob K

Hi Everyone,

New on here and coming off a 10 year layoff from cycling to do the 94,7.

Looking to upgrade my 12 year old Trek 6000 MTB which was only used on the road and I have been advised to change to a road bike.

My only concerns are :-

1. Will I manage with the taller gearing on a long climb and

2. Will I get used to the harder ride compared to the MTB?

I am considering the Specialized Secteur.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise man, Rob K, and welcome to the Hub. Just do it. You'll soon adapt to everything and wonder why you rode a truck when you can have a sports car.

Hi there and welcome. I don't believe that you should have any issues with long climbs, as long as your gearing is acceptable. A 12-25, or 12-27 cassette should carry you over most climbs, especially as you become fitter and stronger. A compact crank is also an option. Road bike can be amazingly comfortable with carbon fiber parts. Just make sure that your bike set-up is 100%. Hope you enjoy road cycling, I love it :thumbup:

:thumbdown: MTB to Roadie .....unimaginable its like going over to the dark side !! :o

Give it ago, maybe you will see it is not dark on this side :clap:

You will hate it!! Are u mad!! Who has been telling you this?? Traitor!! Will be the biggest mistake of your life??? Dont say i didnt tell u so!