[Event] MTN National XCM #7 HILTON DIRT FEST Driven By NISSAN

Tim_Fair

Event Name: MTN National XCM #7 HILTON DIRT FEST Driven By NISSAN
When: 24 September 2011 - 25 September 2011
Where: Hilton College, Hilton, KZN, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

http://www.advendurance.com/nationalmtbseries/hilton

One of KZN’s favourite races plays host to SA’s top riders fighting it out for honours in the MTN National MTB Series Driven by NISSAN once again. Variety is the name of the game with spectacular views over the Albert-Falls Dam and the Umgeni Valley.

All entries are open on www.ROAG.co.za for all the KZN riders to enter more convieniently. Bring your ROAG Board along if you have one we will gladly "chip" it for you for R10.

The Hilton 50 Miler has moved from Grace College to Hilton College; and with its new two day race format (over 24th and 25th Sept.) has been re-branded as the HILTON DIRT FEST. The weekend consists of 5 mountain bike events and 2 trail runs in some of the most stunning, rugged and beautiful parts of the KZN Midlands.

This is the fourth year that riding will take place in these forests, grasslands and game farms- yet new sections have been found and new single tracks added.

Date: 24 / 25 September 2011

Venue: Hilton College, Hilton, Kwa-Zulu 29°32'17.71"S 30°17'51.50"E

Terrain: Plantations | Escarpment | Sugar Cane Farms | Game Farms

Elevation: 341m | Ascent: 2600m (ultra) 1650m (75km)

Participants: 1200+

Features: Single tracks | Dams | Forests | Rifts | Stunning Views

Registration: Fri 23/09 14:00-21:00 & Sat 24/09 06h30 - 16h00 & Sun 25/09 06h30 - 08h30

Entries: CLICK HERE TO ENTER FOR THIS EVENT or ENTER ON ROAG

Early Bird Close: Monday 29 August 2011 Midnight (Save up to R50! by entering before)

Pre-Entries Close: Sunday 18 September 2011 Midnight

http://www.advendurance.com/nationalmtbseries/hilton

Go to Event Page

Last year this route was really mystical... as a vaalie.. it was awesum to ride in the mist... through the tree plantations... it was a real treat... cannot wait to go backclap.gifclap.gif

Message from Alan:

"Hi Tim

Please note that pre-entries have been extended to Wednesday the 21st. The advantage for riders is that pre-entries get seeded into batches, whereas the latse entries will be put in the last batch. Course was ridden this weekend past and is riding really well.

Loook forward to seeing you there.

Alan"

Hi Tim,

Are the routes the same as last year?

As far as I know they are very similar!

Obviously the start and finish will be slightly different as the venue has changed, but other then that its the same.

I will post maps and profiles as soon as I have them.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310975_10150291782127584_82494432583_7874998_1059482818_n.jpg

Ultra Marathon

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/320895_10150291781207584_82494432583_7874997_2143867859_n.jpg

Marathon

Hey tim,

Is it possible to get a better quality profile?

Also do you have any info on the trail run? Is there a run on the Sunday?

Thanks

Rob

‎5 more sleeps to the MTN HILTON MTB DIRT FEST this weekend! Come join us for an action packed wknd of racing in KZN.

Mannie Heymans, Max Knox and Adrien Niyonshuti will battle it out for the overall MTN National MTB Series Driven by Nissan at this weekends MTN HILTON MTB DIRT FEST Driven by NISSAN.

MTN HILTON MTB DIRT FEST - Ultra Marathon route facts - Distance: 97.4km, Ascent: 3010m...Good luck boys.

Cant wait!

Any chance of seeing the kml or gpx?

Cheers

Tim, is there registration on Friday night? From the website:

Registration: Sat 24th Sept, 06h30 - 08h00 ; Sun 25th Sept, 06h30 - 08h00