Weird looking front Suspension

ngala24

They do some crazy looking frames, what brand is that fork? Seems to be an old pic juding by what the newer frames look like Mountain Cycle

Edited by Caerus

Looks a bit like a modified version of the telelever front suspension on BMW motorcycles, designed to counter the compression forces under braking which swallow a lot of your available suspension travel on a conventional fork. Only works well on tar and even BMW gave up on the idea for off road use.( other than on their dual purpose GS 1200 bikes.)

( other than on their dual purpose GS 1200 bikes.)

Which struggle with anything more than a farm road :lol:

The frame looks like a late 1990's Mountain Cycle frame. It is a real classic and very sought after in the USA especially. There is one that rides in Tokai quite often. The fork I've got no idea about at all.

Which struggle with anything more than a farm road :lol:

mmmmmm, Not really, with the right set of tyres you`d be surprised how far the big GS can go. There are many boys out there who are very capable on these beasts. Don`t ever underestimate them.....not even on dirt .

There are some really weird front forks out there. Below is the SUB anti dive fork (basicly a "lefty") as well as an Italian linkage front suspension

post-24908-0-66680700-1315327564.jpg

post-24908-0-22349200-1315327586.jpg

Edited by eccentric1

There are some really weird front forks out there. Belwo is the SUB anti dive fork (basicaly a "lefty") as well as an Italian linkage front suspension

That looks odd.