Shimano 2012 Stocks

Caerus

Has anyone else been having issues trying to buy groupsets, brakesets or various parts of the new 2012 range? I was told the last week that stock was coming in today, now to be told only end of Nov. CRC are out and of the endless attempts at searching various online stores from around the world the are all out of stock till the Oct.

Is there a reason for this? :unsure: Is the new range that good and just sold out, is it that they cannot keep up with demand. I've checked a few shops and they also don't have.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this

I have heard that Cool heat (Shimano) have containers stuck in customs at the port in Cape Town, not sure if this might have something to do with the delay ?

I have heard that Cool heat (Shimano) have containers stuck in customs at the port in Cape Town, not sure if this might have something to do with the delay ?

That could explain the local delay, but I've checked online shops in the US, Oz, Spain & the UK, all the same story :huh:

Excuse my ignorance, but are the parts not made in Japan? If so, could that earthquake not have wiped out the production line?

Excuse my ignorance, but are the parts not made in Japan? If so, could that earthquake not have wiped out the production line?

Thats a valid point

OEM part gets preference. Loose items only go out close to the new year.

What does this mean? :unsure: That all the bike manufactures get preference, If I'm correct in saying that, then the online stores and shops just have to wait till there turn to get stock.

What does this mean? :unsure: That all the bike manufactures get preference, If I'm correct in saying that, then the online stores and shops just have to wait till there turn to get stock.

New bikes need to be equipped first. They can't sell new bikes without parts. So the next few months are a very busy time for equipment and frame manufacturers. Once the first orders of bikes are out, then you can get spares. But CRC buys complete bike and then strip them so you might be lucky with them.

They were unaffected by the eartquake, also they have major factories in China and other Asian countries,Bike Radar Link . So must be that they just can't manufacture fast enough at the moment. Damn, cause I needed to get new brakes asap. Guess I will just have to wait.