Professional Team Kit

Audible Anarchy

Professional Team kit   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is it socially acceptable to wear professional team kit

• Yay! Quality is usually very good.
    • Nay! Being a poser is lame
    • Don't care! i just like cycling in comfortable kit.

A lot of folks spent ridiculous amounts of Cash on branded kit from their favorite Pro teams - What is the general consensus with Hubbers regarding non-professional cyclists wearing Pro team kit?

I've picked up bits and pieces of pro team kit - usually from bargain bins or as gifts - and will happily wear it. Style Man may say no, but I know him personally, so I don't take his advice too seriously :devil:

I don't get the "They worked for it. They wear it" argument. Do you say that to Blue Bulls and Sharks supporters who wear the replicas? Soccer fans? I wore my Barloworld gear when they were riding the TdF in support.

I don't personally, although I don't see anything wrong with it. No different to a supporter wearing their favorite team's jersey.

The only exception though is people wearing kit with World Champ stripes, thinks thats something that should be left to the people that earned them.

I don't personally, although I don't see anything wrong with it. No different to a supporter wearing their favorite team's jersey.

The only exception though is people wearing kit with World Champ stripes, thinks thats something that should be left to the people that earned them.

I did buy a Buff with the WC stripes on it a while back, but I don't wear it - it's just for the collection. And then, a coupla weeks later I saw a Harley rider wearing the same one! :lol:

"They worked for it. They wear it."

True, but I don't think that's why people buy it.

Possible reasons for buying it:

1. quality may be better

2. it's the pro team we choose to support, as we South Africans are known to do with European football teams etc

3. there were lots on sale/in the bargain bin

Personally I find Pro Team kit too bright/flashy.

But yeah, knock 70% off RRP and I'm sure even StyleMan will consider them.

I don't care, wear what you like, put bar ends on your riser bars, shimano on italian frames ... do whatever makes you happy. When people fly past you at 50km/h they don't care or have time to notice what your wearing.

But try and leave the Rainbow stripes for those that have actually earned it ... or the gheys

But try and leave the Rainbow stripes for those that have actually earned it ... or the gheys

But my DeFeet socks with the rainbow stripes are soooooooooooooo comfy…I sound like the latter now, don't I? :unsure:

:lol:

Look some stuff just comes with it on, like some socks, helmets and glasses. Which personally, I don't think is right. But it is what it is.

For the record I do own an original world champ jersey from 91 I think :blush: ... But I don't wear it, just got it as memorabilia with the intention of actually getting the thing framed. Still folded up in mah cupboard :unsure:

I have no issues with people riding in pro-kit, although in my opinion, if they're wearing a complete kit then they're a little bit of a poser.

What I find funny, sometimes annoying, is when you see a guy on a specialized wearing a Trek top or something like that.

I know they can wear whatever they want.

Thats just what gets me.

Me - I'm not a big fan but each to their own. I have a lucky Springbok jersey I've had for 10 years so I have no room for judgement.

That said - I do draw the line at matching team kit AND bike.

Thats ghey :lol:

If its comfortable and on sale :thumbup: i will buy and wear it............

as for world colors ........... cant help it if it on the bike / kit that on special :)

And yep don't wear a trek kit and ride a Specialized..........

Totally acceptable. Wearing your favorite pro teams kit actually goes toward sponsoring the team as if it is the original kit then it was released in order to market for the sponsors on a wider basis and also to help generate additional funds that goes back into cycling.

Take the Springbok supporters kit. I don't think it is lame to support your team and help the sport at the same time.

Wearing vintage cycling clothing is ice cool!

Like a Barloworld top or something like that.

Current team kits - hmmm... not so sure.

On the other hand, like Tankman writes, if it makes your faster, why not?

Look at the Man United fans wearing their shirts or the Springbok fans wearing their tops even if it is not Casual Friday.