Your trail / AM cockpit - what dimensions...

wesley_r

Curious to see what the hubbers are running on their AM / trail rig cockpits, in terms of stem length, rise and bar width and rise.

For example, I'm running:

- Truvativ BooBars - 780mm wide, 20mm rise

- 60mm stem with 5 degree rise, and +- 10mm spacers under it

I am thinking of switching to the new 730mm Holzfellers when they come in, the BooBar is great on the descents but still feels akward to me for climbing. Also want a new stem, might go 70mm but I don't really know why - bars just feel like they may be a little close at the moment... height overall is perfect for me...

What are you running, and how do you like it?

Curious to see what the hubbers are running on their AM / trail rig cockpits, in terms of stem length, rise and bar width and rise.

For example, I'm running:

- Truvativ BooBars - 780mm wide, 20mm rise

- 60mm stem with 5 degree rise, and +- 10mm spacers under it

I am thinking of switching to the new 730mm Holzfellers when they come in, the BooBar is great on the descents but still feels akward to me for climbing. Also want a new stem, might go 70mm but I don't really know why - bars just feel like they may be a little close at the moment... height overall is perfect for me...

What are you running, and how do you like it?

If you're going to get rid of the BooBars, please let me know.

Oh yes, I have a 680mm Truvativ XC/AM bar with a +- 90mm stem need to check it though(is the Maverick direct mount stem for the DUC32 fork, so not sure how that compares to other setups)

If you're going to get rid of the BooBars, please let me know.

I might hold onto them, we'll see, but if I sell I'll let you know...

Just recently changed to:

Funn Fatboy handlebars 710mm lenght 50mm rise

Thomson stem 50mm

Easton EA 70 bar 685mm wide 30mm rize

Ritchey stem 70mm

I must say, it seems like small changes, but the bike feels a lot more stable with the extra bar width. And the shorter stem compliments the longer bar, so that it still feels "nippy" and quick to turn. Will stick with this set up for a while. Might also go for 730mm bars later on.

I'm going to count my small bike as my AM bike (cos that's what I use for almost everything)

Here's a pic of the cockpit:

post-10758-0-47985000-1315384469.jpg

And what you se ein this pic is

Spank Royola Bars 700mm wide, 30mm rise

Spank 1 Timer Stem 50mm

Formula Oro Puro Brakes

Shimano Saint Right Shifter

Worn out Aerozine lock-on grips

On trail bike:

Thomson elite x4 stem 70mm 0deg rise

Race Face Respond bar 710mm x 25mm rise.

If I change anything it would be to fit 1/2" rise bar instead of 1". But so far I am very happy ith what I have.

Just recently changed to:

Funn Fatboy handlebars 710mm lenght 50mm rise

Thomson stem 50mm

Easton EA 70 bar 685mm wide 30mm rize

Ritchey stem 70mm

I must say, it seems like small changes, but the bike feels a lot more stable with the extra bar width. And the shorter stem compliments the longer bar, so that it still feels "nippy" and quick to turn. Will stick with this set up for a while. Might also go for 730mm bars later on.

I'd be quite keen on that Easton bar if you are thinking of selling?

I'd be quite keen on that Easton bar if you are thinking of selling?

Gonna hang on to it for the moment. My Zula has the same lenght low rize bar on, and I'm thinking of maybe putting the 30mm rize on for trail riding. But will let you know as soon as I decide to sell it.

Deity Dirty Thirty cut to 730mm

Sunline V1-AM 65mm

Would like to go to 50mm, but 65mm is good all round lenght for AM and time in the saddle

can you feel your spike flex?

If it's the EVO it shouldn't, but yeah, earlier models flex quite a bit. Dirty Thirty used to as well - sorted in 2010

If it's the EVO it shouldn't, but yeah, earlier models flex quite a bit. Dirty Thirty used to as well - sorted in 2010

was wondering if they 'fixed' that. it was quite unnerving tbh...surprised the DT flexed too. that thing looked seriously burly.

My cockpit tracks any incoming anti airraft missiles and I have full control to lock on them and destroy them. It also can plot and show the path, speed and direction of up to twenty bandits.